Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 128908 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2009, 07:16:30 PM »
HOLY CRAP!

I just went to Wal-Mart again tonight and they were overflowing! Besides the aforementioned rifle and .22 ammo, they also had approx 12 boxes of 9mm (Thats 1200 rds!), four or five boxes of .40, and even a box of .357 -- All Winchester White Box. I actually had to look twice because I did not believe my eyes. I did not buy, because I really dont need any at this time, but WOW!

I have said before that Wal-Mart is going to be the tell tale sign of when this drought is over....... When you no longer have trouble finding ammo at Wal-Mart, you wont have trouble finding ammo anywhere else and you will know that it is ok to start shooting up your supply! Maybe this is a sign, atleast locally, that things are getting better.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

tommy tornado

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2009, 03:42:51 PM »
Went to the local Academy for .22 LR and was amazed at the price.  Box of 525 Remingtons is now $35 and 50 rounds of Federal was $9 a box!  :o I was shocked.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2009, 08:00:05 PM »
Ol' Wally ain't got crap in my neck o' the woods.         >:(  >:(         :'(
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2009, 11:36:05 PM »
Ol' Wally ain't got crap in my neck o' the woods.         >:(  >:(         :'(
Same here PegLeg our Wally Worlds are still empty too.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2009, 09:07:52 AM »
Same here PegLeg our Wally Worlds are still empty too.

Same here Kid, the only thing they have is 12 & 20 ga. a couple of cases of each.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Sponsor

« Reply #125 on: Today at 06:21:27 AM »

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2009, 01:50:50 PM »
The local WW's have lots of shotgun shells and the .223 is staying on the shelves.  The only pistol ammo I've seen recently is .32acp.  I guess that is a start.

Sports Authority had some .45acp WWB hollowpoints but they didn't last long.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2009, 11:59:59 AM »
Ol' Wally ain't got crap in my neck o' the woods.         >:(  >:(         :'(

Same here Kid, the only thing they have is 12 & 20 ga. a couple of cases of each.

Went in to "Wally's everything under the sun Emporium" today and lo and behold...... a stack of Federal .40 S&W 180gr FMJ........ only had cash for three boxes, and doubt they'll have it tomorrow, but I got the three.

***edit***
Forgot to put the price....$12.47 per box.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »
Another return trip to that same Wally World showed that they sold all their .40 and 9mm supply and had only 3 boxes of .357
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

david86440

« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2009, 05:14:50 PM »
I just got back to California yesterday from a 7200 mile trip around the country and and can tell you the demand for ammo is far from over.

I stopped at Wally Worlds from WY to  Maine and the one common thing that I ran into were customers looking at empty slots on the shelves where the .380, 9mm, .40, and .45 should have been.

Cody, WY did have 2 boxes of 9mm and 2 boxes of .45. I found 2 boxes of .380 in Scarborough, ME, one store someplace in Ohio had 8 boxes of 100 round WWB .45 which was the most I saw anywhere. Newton, NE had one box of 9mm.

I did see many stores with a few boxes of .38 and .357 on the shelf.

They all say they are getting regular deliveries but it disappears as fast as it goes on the shelf and all the Wally Worlds that I checked had 6 box limits in effect.

Glad to be home...........

Green Mountain Gringo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2009, 08:45:17 PM »
I just got back to California yesterday from a 7200 mile trip around the country and and can tell you the demand for ammo is far from over.

I stopped at Wally Worlds from WY to  Maine and the one common thing that I ran into were customers looking at empty slots on the shelves where the .380, 9mm, .40, and .45 should have been.

Cody, WY did have 2 boxes of 9mm and 2 boxes of .45. I found 2 boxes of .380 in Scarborough, ME, one store someplace in Ohio had 8 boxes of 100 round WWB .45 which was the most I saw anywhere. Newton, NE had one box of 9mm.

I did see many stores with a few boxes of .38 and .357 on the shelf.

They all say they are getting regular deliveries but it disappears as fast as it goes on the shelf and all the Wally Worlds that I checked had 6 box limits in effect.

Glad to be home...........

Dude, you are like, a POWER AMMO SHOPPER!    (That musta been Cabella's in Maine).  Did you try the Kittery Trading Post?  AWESOME STORE!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk