Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 129294 times)

Hottrockin

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Be wise, use every advantage!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2009, 05:35:11 PM »
Midway USA is now showing lotsa stuff as "Out of Stock, Backorder OK" vs. what its been which was "Out of Stock, No Backorder".  380ACP, 9MM, 40 S&W, 45 ACP!  Sorry, I didn't check you AR guys stuff out.

At least you can get your name on the waiting list!  And when they get it, you'll get it!

http://www.midwayusa.com/
NRA Member

tommy tornado

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2009, 10:29:04 PM »
Sadly primers are still "Out of Stock, No Backorder".  :'(

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2009, 10:36:08 PM »
Don't know what your issue is  :P 

hehe   although I did pay Toooo much   that is about $380 bucks worth  that I have just about  shot up over the last 2 weeks 

I NEED TO RELOAD
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

david86440

« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2009, 12:04:33 AM »
Don't know what your issue is  :P  

hehe   although I did pay Toooo much   that is about $380 bucks worth  that I have just about  shot up over the last 2 weeks  

I NEED TO RELOAD

I think the issue is .380, 9mm, .40 and .45ACP. I noticed you bought 2 boxes of 9mm. How many did they have available?

I went to an indoor range today and thought it was great being the only shooter there. I do feel bad not being able to replace what I shoot so I had to limit myself to 100 rounds.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2009, 09:27:19 AM »
I think the issue is .380, 9mm, .40 and .45ACP. I noticed you bought 2 boxes of 9mm. How many did they have available?

I went to an indoor range today and thought it was great being the only shooter there. I do feel bad not being able to replace what I shoot so I had to limit myself to 100 rounds.

quite a few mate

I just did not have the $$$  to get more 

and I had a few boxed at home all ready
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Sponsor

« Reply #145 on: Today at 02:27:32 AM »

david86440

« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2009, 01:03:20 PM »
quite a few mate

I just did not have the $$$  to get more 

and I had a few boxed at home all ready

This is what I was able to purchase for $349.98 tax included. It did cost me over $975 in gas to find it.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2009, 01:07:55 PM »
2 weeks ago I was able to pick up 300 rounds of .40 caliber and 200 rounds of 9mm at Wally World.  .40 was $14.98 for a box of 50, 9 mm was $9.85 for the same  size box.

The gun store half a mile down the road from Wally World had a good supply of .40 and 9 mm, but they were selling them for about $10 a box higher than Wally World for the same loads.

Came close to having a 1911 follow me home, but since nobody around here has been able to get .45 acp for a while, nor have any idea when they will be able to, I elected to not spend $700 for a paperweight.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Timothy

~
« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2009, 01:12:20 PM »
Wooooo, woooooo!!!!!

I managed to find 50 rounds of Remington .45 ball at the Wally World!

Wow, I've got exactly 50 rounds hoarded up for practice and another 200 of hollowpoints for defending my honor! ;D

Badgersmilk

« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2009, 01:22:08 PM »
"I've got exactly 50 rounds hoarded up"!!!  No wonder we cant find any amunition anywhere!  Tim has it all!!!!    ;D ;D ;D

You dont need all fifty do you?  Can we have some?

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 456
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2009, 03:09:22 PM »

I went to Cabela's along with all of the Saturday afternoon cattle, and they had a ton of Magtech .308 Ball for $35.99 a box of 50. That comes to $14.40 for a box of 20. Not too bad. You can see it has annealed cases, and is really clean. It also has green lacquer sealed primers. The cheapest .308 they had next in line was Remington UMC Green Box and that was $21.00 for a 20 count box. With Remington brass running $40.00 a hundred, and cheap FMJ .30 cal. bullets going for around $20.00 a hundred, by the time you figure in powder at $20.00 a pound and primers at their new "adjusted" price, it's doubtful you could load it as cheap. I'm going to try it in my new M-1A SOCOM and see how it shoots. If it's decent I'll grab some more.   Bill T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk