Author Topic: Problem inserting magazine. Glock 21SF  (Read 14316 times)

dj454

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Problem inserting magazine. Glock 21SF
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 12:13:15 AM »
This sounds similar to the problem I had with my Glock 20 and Glock 22 when they were new. The Glock magazines are hard to load to capacity when new and when inserting a loaded magazine it becomes harder because it has to compress the spring further. I never top off my magazines because of this and I insert them with the slide locked back. As your magazine springs get broken in it will get easier to insert at least that has been my experience.

73Bronco

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 11:54:52 PM »
Just another update.  Went to the range and the weapon shoots fine.  I'm still not happy with force required to load a full mag into the pistol though.  I called Glock and they also said that it sounded normal and just needed to be broken in.  They said I could send them in if I wanted to and they would send some back to me that were working better/broken in.  I will admit that getting through to their customer service was extremely easy and I appreciate their offer, but I can't get over the fact that I shouldn't even be having this problem in the first place.  If what I have is normal, this should be unacceptable from all Glock owners.  I'm sorry if I'm ranting but I can't believe that so many Glock owners find this acceptable/normal.  Actually, I hope that I do have defective mags and you all think that I'm crazy.  I wouldn't want people thinking that this is how a quality weapon is supposed to operate.

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 08:38:32 PM »
I dunno about factory recertified Glocks, but often times new Glocks and / or new Glock magazines have to be shot some and broke in a little before they are "like normal." I always tell people to shoot about 500rds through their Glock before they are "broke in." Once you get to the 500rd point.. from that point on.. they are like butter! So, smooth. My guess is after about 100-200rds.. the mag will go in easier.  .45 ammo ain't cheap.. probably not what you want to hear. But, it has been my experience that this will help considerably. I own several Glocks. This has been the case with them all. And as with most guns..they got to settle in a little with shooting if they are coming from the factory. 

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 09:18:55 PM »
73 look at the rear notch at the top of the magazine, and see if it is square or u shaped. If it is square it is an old non-dropfree magazine, and the magazine swells slightly when loaded and is harder to load into the pistol.

We have a winner!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk