Author Topic: 5.56 and .223  (Read 19593 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 5.56 and .223
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 09:54:09 AM »
Go where ... what problem ... huh  ???

That is the neat thing about the forum growing - we get to keep talking about things we enjoy ... or hate.  However, I have found that more and more often I can't find the thread I was yapping on yesterday ... or even this morning ... or maybe last post 

They say that the memory is the second thing to go.  ;D  (any one remember what the first thing is ??? )
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 01:07:18 PM »
Haz, it was the mewmory first but I forget the second!

Richard (I think!)
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 06:15:22 PM »
That is the neat thing about the forum growing - we get to keep talking about things we enjoy ... or hate.  However, I have found that more and more often I can't find the thread I was yapping on yesterday ... or even this morning ... or maybe last post  ???

I have discovered, through several attempts recently, to search for posts and had no luck. Sometimes the search function does not work.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 06:22:19 PM »
I have discovered, through several attempts recently, to search for posts and had no luck. Sometimes the search function does not work.

Yeah, but you could't find yer ass with both hands and a flashlight!

;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 06:30:09 PM »
Yeah, but you could't find yer ass with both one hands and a flashlight!

;D

Fixed it....gotta have one hand to hold the flashlight.     ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:51:15 AM »

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 07:19:06 PM »
That is the neat thing about the forum growing - we get to keep talking about things we enjoy ... or hate.  However, I have found that more and more often I can't find the thread I was yapping on yesterday ... or even this morning ... or maybe last post  ???

Yeah, I noticed the thread on cargo pants just will not dry up and blow away!!!!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 09:57:27 AM »
Yeah, I noticed the thread on cargo pants just will not dry up and blow away!!!!

Has anyone ever noticed the change in the definition of "tactical pants?"  When I was young and in lust the pants with the torn out crotch were considered tactical in the right crowd, but today tactical pants means lots of pockets full of too much crap ... and of course elastic waistbands and "relaxed fit" are always appreciated  :'(
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

saltydogbk

• Better to die on my feet than live on my knees
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 10:32:52 AM »
I hate to get back on topic, but,  my mini 14 is stamped 223, while in the manual it sez 5.56 or 223.  What is up with that?
You can never have too many guns, or too much ammo

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 10:41:51 AM »
I hate to get back on topic, but,  my mini 14 is stamped 223, while in the manual it sez 5.56 or 223.  What is up with that?

If it's in the manual you must be able to shot both.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 10:48:59 AM »
If you bought the gun new and know that it is the correct manual, I would trust it.  However, if you purchased the gun used and it is possible that somewhere along the line it is a generic manual or one from another gun I'd stick with the barrel markings.  Always better safe than sorry.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk