Author Topic: The "Give" act  (Read 4149 times)

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The "Give" act
« on: March 20, 2009, 05:14:47 PM »
By: Lee Rogers

The push towards mandatory national service took another step today with the U.S. House of Representatives voting in favor of the Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education Act otherwise known as the GIVE Act. The bill was passed 321-105 and with a similar bill working its way through the U.S. Senate called the Serve America Act, it seems clear that a national service bill in some form will be passed into law. National service is of course a major part of Barack Obama’s incremental agenda to implement a global prison system of total dehumanization and enslavement.   The GIVE Act will setup a commission to explore the prospect of mandatory national service, indicating yet another small step towards their great dream of involuntary forced government servitude.

In section 6104 of the bill under subsection b, there is a list of specific topics that the newly formed Congressional Commission on Civic Service would explore. One of the items in this subsection states that the Commission would determine if a reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed. Below is the excerpt in its entirety.

(6) Whether a workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed, and how such a requirement could be implemented in a manner that would strengthen the social fabric of the Nation and overcome civic challenges by bringing together people from diverse economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds.

First off, there is no such thing as workable, fair and reasonable mandatory service. Mandatory service is just a politically correct term for indentured servitude or enslavement. On top of this, it sounds as if this Commission would be attempting to figure out a way to setup a Hitler Youth like program considering the language in the aforementioned item.   It is interesting to see how most bills that attempt to erode liberty have strong bi-partisan support. The reason for this is because there are no differences between Republicans and Democrats besides superficial differences that are only generated for the purposes of public consumption.   

In addition, this bill is a huge waste of money. We are in the midst of an economic crisis and these clowns in Washington DC want to funnel more Federal Reserve Notes into government to try to get people involved in national service?  Maybe if the economy didn’t suck so bad because of the insane government spending and the trillions of monies being created out of thin air by the Federal Reserve, we’d see more people volunteering.

With more and more people increasingly worried about the state of the economy, one of the last things on most people’s minds is national service. It is outrageous that they would propose to establish a Commission to figure out a way to make national service a mandatory requirement for young people.   As crazy as all of this is, this is an already admitted part of Obama’s collectivist agenda.

Unfortunately, while everybody is distracted by the manufactured AIG dog and pony show over executive bonuses, this legislation is being pushed through with very little press and fanfare. With a Democrat majority in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate, the establishment can forego much of the staged political theatre and just pass these horrific bills. It looks as if we will see this disgusting bill become law considering the widespread support the criminals in Washington DC are giving it.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Matthew Carberry

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: The "Give" act
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 05:30:45 PM »
In this case, the first thing to do is to establish the terms used.  Don't use their word for it "National Service" use a more-or-less synonym with a negative connotation.

Call it the "Draft America Act".  It's shorter and controversial, perfect for soundbites.

Put those supporting it on the defensive, make them explain why they want to reinstate the draft for the poor and aged instead of us explaining why we "selfishly don't want to serve our communities".
Matthew Carberry

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 06:05:20 PM »
2how,

Please provide a link.

Haz
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Roy Hill

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 09:20:13 PM »

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 09:48:54 PM »
Do the American people have a backbone, or are we just sheeple?
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:52:51 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 12:40:28 AM »
Do the American people have a backbone, or are we just sheeple?

Their just sheep. Neutered sheep.

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 01:39:25 PM »
Sadly.
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

tumblebug

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 02:07:25 PM »
 Sig HEIL mine Furer Sig Heil :'( :'( :'(

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 907
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 02:37:34 PM »

Yup ... It is that time in more than one area ...

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 03:07:20 PM »
Main sponsor is Carolyn McCarthy.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-1388

Pretty much says it all.  She's a waste and always has been.

Unfortunately they are already headed that way.  In more than a few school systems a HS student needs to do x hrs "community service" to graduate.  While I'm all for kids helping out some of the programs are less than kosher (ACORN voter registration "assistance")
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk