Author Topic: The "Give" act  (Read 4150 times)

VinBea

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The "Give" act
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 09:13:56 PM »
Just one of them there rightwing conspiratorial wingnut jobs - NOT!

Absolutely; there's nothing even remotely close to being America in what's going on out of Washington DC today - and/or what's been going on with the whole Charter/Reagan/Bush/Clinton/Bush democrat/republican thing going on the past 30 years; and this bill is just one example of the total package deal out of DC...nothing American about any of it; compulsory community service is in fact slavery despite whatever spin double-speak/double-talk the mainstream media would try and spin it...

And for all you GW Bush lovers out there, remember this: there's no way on God's green earth "Hussein" Obama would have ever gotten where he is today without the whole judas-goat that is GW Bush was to the Conservative, and Christian Religious Right of America...because GWB hoodwinked a lot of conservatives in masquerading as one of them (got a lot of things accomplished that's unAmerica - that never could have been gotten done - had GW had the 'D' label after his name); so to is Obama doing the same thing with the left -- with everyone on either side being marginalized (as is the intended purpose to begin with) with a loyal few sitting in the middle as dumb downed drug managed zombies for lack of a better word...

the Hegel Dialectic is a powerful tool in the hands of those who'd want to manipulate us via our emotions over any facts...proof it's working: we're so divided amongst ourselves on so many levels with the majority of us all walking around with a sense of 'being entitled to this and/or that' which is in fact pride - and we're warned from above, pride proceeds a fall...

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 10:02:47 PM »
Pretty much says it all.  She's a waste and always has been.

Unfortunately they are already headed that way.  In more than a few school systems a HS student needs to do x hrs "community service" to graduate.  While I'm all for kids helping out some of the programs are less than kosher (ACORN voter registration "assistance")

As a good libertarian I  loathe mandatory national servitude (I mean service), except for a draft in a CONGRESSIONALLY declared war (call me old fashioned that way). But lets not slam ACORN too much. They paid people X dollars a day with a minimum of X number of voters expected. It should come as no great shock that some folks chose to sit down with a phone book in a bar and fill in cards rather than doing the job right. There was no great conspiracy, just hourly workers slacking. To their credit, the reason this whole thing came to light was that ACORN themselves verified the cards by randomly calling a certain percentage of the regiterees. If they didn't confirm or couldn't be reached ACORN flagged them as sucpicious and let the supervisor of elections know. We might not buy their ideology, but this is a legit organiztion that suffered the same thing the NRA would if they hired professional petition collectors, who were paid by the head. I'm not defending their agenda, just pointing out the realities of the marketplace. As I have`said many times before, you get what you pay for. In the case of national slavery (I mean service) the same would be true. you could have assigned me to mow my own grandmothers yard and the only way you'd have gotten me there was at gun point because the whole slavery thing kind of rankles. Taxes, yes. Jury duty, yes. Reading the paper and staying informed, yes. Voting, yes. Serving in war time or a real national emergency, yes. Mandatory servitude,F!@@#$ NO!
fightingquaker13

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 10:07:26 PM »
Acorn is a criminal organization, their activists have been indicted for fraud in multiple states over multiple election cycles. That establishes the grounds for an on going criminal conspiracy, just like the mafia.

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 10:22:40 PM »
Just one of them there rightwing conspiratorial wingnut jobs - NOT!

And for all you GW Bush lovers out there, remember this: there's no way on God's green earth "Hussein" Obama would have ever gotten where he is today without the whole judas-goat that is GW Bush was to the Conservative, and Christian Religious Right of America...because GWB hoodwinked a lot of conservatives in masquerading as one of them (got a lot of things accomplished that's unAmerica - that never could have been gotten done - had GW had the 'D' label after his name); so to is Obama doing the same thing with the left -- with everyone on either side being marginalized (as is the intended purpose to begin with) with a loyal few sitting in the middle as dumb downed drug managed zombies for lack of a better word...

You're right, two parties, one purpose.
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 10:24:03 PM »
Acorn is a criminal organization, their activists have been indicted for fraud in multiple states over multiple election cycles. That establishes the grounds for an on going criminal conspiracy, just like the mafia.
More like a polling/petion gathering company Tom. I don't want to get into a pissing contest over ACORN, because I'm not their number 1 fan. The thing is these indictments came from info ACORN itself provided, not to the feds, but to local supervisors of elections voluntarily before the fact. Lets not forget the idictments came from Alberto (I'm sorry I don't recall 34 times in Congressional testimony) Gonzales and Monica Goodling, who asked prospective prosecutors why they wanted to serve president Bush as opposed to say, the United Sates (Ein Reich, ein Fuerher, or Le'estat ce moi if you prefer French). I'm not defending ACORN here, just saying that it could and would happen to any organization that pays by the head to get folks registered and they were fairly upfront about it. Have no fear, I'm not sending them a donaion in the near future.
fighingquaker13

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:30:24 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 10:35:38 PM »
More like a polling/petion gathering company Tom. I don't want to get into a pissing contest over ACORN, because I'm not their number 1 fan. The thing is these indictments came from info ACORN itself provided, not to the feds, but to local supervisors of elections voluntarily before the fact. Lets not forget the idictments came from Alberto (I'm sorry I don't recall 34 times in Congressional testimony) Gonzales and Monica Goodling, who asked prospective prosecutors why they wanted to serve president Bush as opposed to say, the United Sates (Ein Reich, ein Fuerher, or Le'estat ce moi if you prefer French). I'm not defending ACORN here, just saying that it could and would happen to any organization that pays by the head to get folks registered and they were fairly upfront about it. Have no fear, I'm not sending them a donaion in the near future.
fighingquaker13
Kinda stinks when you wind up defending people you desise because you think the other person is condemning them for mistaken reasons  ;D

I always thought that was said as a startle response, like Oh yeah I forgot.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 10:49:36 PM »
Kinda stinks when you wind up defending people you desise because you think the other person is condemning them for mistaken reasons  ;D

I always thought that was said as a startle response, like Oh yeah I forgot.

One of the (many)  downsides of being a political scientist. We're trained to care more about the rules of the game than who wins or loses. It makes you feel all noble six days a week, but it kind of sucks on Sunday afternoons in the Fall. >:(
fightingquaker13

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 06:51:48 PM »
And should be prosecuted under the RICO statutes.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 07:38:45 PM »
I've said here and elsewhere that the fix is in. JFK was an object lesson - get in our way and you'll be taken care of - and we will get away with it. So every president has toed the line, some willingly. Tin foil hat time? Do the math, how else do you explain what all of the presidents from FDR have done - except that Ike warned us about the complex on his way out.

The patriot act was well over a thousand pages and it was ready to go in less than 3 days. bho's "stimulus" package - ditto. This is all planned and in play - and we, our children and our children's children will pay for it all. With money for sure. With servitude - absolutely. And how else?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 11:15:41 PM »
This mandatory service crap will get shot down by SCOTUS just like FDR's CCC program, it violates the 13th amendment.
Isn't it funny that our first non white Pres wants to violate the anti slavery amendment.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk