Author Topic: Hi-Point .45 carbine prototype  (Read 22317 times)

THE CORONER

• SHOOT STRAIGHT, SHOOT OFTEN, AND PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO SHARE YOUR SPORT WITH THE FUTURE GENERATIONS.
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • DARKWATER FIREARMS AT WILLOW POINT
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi-Point .45 carbine prototype
« on: March 21, 2009, 11:42:03 PM »
These pics are of the new Hi-Point .45acp carbine rifle.  The AR type stock will fit the 9mm and .40acp models as well.  A more tactical appearance that now accommodates not only a scope; but a rail-mounted tactical light, and laser as well.  The laser mount looks better on the rail vs. the muzzle style used now.

CORONER - SAVAGE 350 SECURITY 12 GA. SHOTGUN
TOETAGGER - WINCHESTER MODEL 94, .30-30
VINDICATOR - RUGER LCP .380 ACP
WIDOWMAKER - RUGER SINGLE SUPER SIX 3-SCREW .22
PLINKALOTER - HERITAGE ROUGH RIDER .22 COMBO 6.5" BRL
BUCKEYE FIREARMS MEMBER
NRA MEMBER

"Governments don't live together, people live together.  With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight.  Well, I've come to give you either one.  Or get either one from you."  Josie Wales

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: Hi-Point .45 carbine prototype
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 03:14:59 PM »
Is the mullet optional?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 03:19:31 PM »
Is the mullet optional?

It's nicer than that fugly thing he's holding.

Party on!
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 04:26:26 PM »
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 11:15:40 PM »
From what I have read from actual owners,  Hi Points are cheap, ugly and reliable, I would like to buy one of these carbines if it ever comes out. I bet it will go faster than the LCP.
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:50:43 PM »

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 09:51:42 AM »
I have the 950 in black. Drives tacks all day long and very accurate. For the price you cannot beat it for a more compact rifle. I did suggest it as a home defense weapon but that was not very well received.   :( My wife and boys have a blast shooting it. Was wanting to bump up to a .40 S&W but if they are coming out with a .45 ACP, I will wait.  ;D

THE CORONER

• SHOOT STRAIGHT, SHOOT OFTEN, AND PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO SHARE YOUR SPORT WITH THE FUTURE GENERATIONS.
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • DARKWATER FIREARMS AT WILLOW POINT
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 09:49:30 AM »
I have the 950 in black. Drives tacks all day long and very accurate. For the price you cannot beat it for a more compact rifle. I did suggest it as a home defense weapon but that was not very well received.   :( My wife and boys have a blast shooting it. Was wanting to bump up to a .40 S&W but if they are coming out with a .45 ACP, I will wait.  ;D

I too have the 995 in black.  Also, the .380.  I sold the 9mm to a friend in need; or I would have it as well. 

I bought the carbine for home defense as well.  All my Hi-Point firearms work flawlessly.  Bang, bang, bang, everytime!  For you "nay" sayers out there who think this isn't a practical home defense weapon....  Tell me how a home invader is going to distinguish the laser on my Ruger pistol; from the laser on my tactical Hi-Point Rifle?  That's what carbines were designed for.  Close quarter combat.  The 9mm cartridge must be a sufficient caliber; otherwise all the forum topics I've read concerning it's home defense use are false.

Another benefit, is the ability to also carry a larger caliber pistol for alternative battle scenarios when the tactical rifle is carried at the ready-to-use position.  But let's be realistic for a moment.  When awaken to an intruder, we will probably do well, to find our flashlight in the dark, to use our pistol.  Perhaps you have a laser, and or light mounted on your home defense pistol?  I don't.  I carry my pistols for personal protection, wherever I am.  Legally of course.  While Crimson Trace Laser grips are a must have; a tactical light mounted on a carry-to-conceal pistol is not practical to me because I carry all my pistols.  But a small key chain flashlight is.  So the use of the carbine rifle with a laser/light combo makes perfect sense for home defense.  9mm, other than .22 ammo is the cheapest on the market, that I've found.

And while a 12 gauge shotgun with a laser/light combo would arguably be the ultimate home defense weapon.  It has limitations as well in practical combat situations.  Length of barrel may allow an attacker the opportunity to take the weapon away.  Especially for the women, who, in most battle situations; don't have the upper body strength to maintain it's control, if attempts are made to take it from them.  I know it's not true for all women.  Some, are well trained, and quite capable using one.  But what my wife doesn't seem to realize, is that I may not be able to always be at home to protect her.  Nor will she train with me to hone our home defense skills.  She says I think we live in NYC, or something?  She doesn't understand as we do, that death has no address.  Furthermore; she's not remotely interested in learning how to operate a shotgun.  It's too big and heavy she says.  The carbine is not.  And with a quick safety lesson; she could protect herself in the event I'm unavailable.  But when used in addition to other weaponry; the shotgun is unequaled in it's ability to the end result.

With the 15 rd. capacity magazine, and tactical laser/light combo, I have mounted on my cheap, supposedly unreliable carbine rifle; a would-be invader/attacker will get a free toetag, from The Coroner.  Just my opinion as a Hi-Point firearms owner.
CORONER - SAVAGE 350 SECURITY 12 GA. SHOTGUN
TOETAGGER - WINCHESTER MODEL 94, .30-30
VINDICATOR - RUGER LCP .380 ACP
WIDOWMAKER - RUGER SINGLE SUPER SIX 3-SCREW .22
PLINKALOTER - HERITAGE ROUGH RIDER .22 COMBO 6.5" BRL
BUCKEYE FIREARMS MEMBER
NRA MEMBER

"Governments don't live together, people live together.  With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight.  Well, I've come to give you either one.  Or get either one from you."  Josie Wales

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 10:02:01 AM »
Coroner,

I have the C-9 compact 9mm and it has never failed.  Fed it every type of round I could and it still went bang.  Shoots straight and is reliable.  I have said this before but I always get "it's ugly".  Well it fits my hand real nice, it is inexpensive to buy and shoot, it's made in the USA and it has an UNCONDITIONAL LIFE TIME GUARANTEE.  How many other mfgs back their gun like that?

The only thing that bugs me is why didn't they make the mags interchangeable between handgun and carbine.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 10:06:04 AM »
You got a link for the prototype?
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 10:07:18 AM »
I stand corrected, mine is a black 995, not 950 as I previously mentioned. Have to put aside the Pabst Blue Ribbon while posting. ;D
I did write a thread about this before. I agree with Coroner about sending someone out in a body bag with it. My wife really enjoys it and it is a hell of a lot cheaper than a HK MP5. Not sure which SWAT Team in California uses it but they do carry it in 40 Smith and Wesson? I have not picked up any of the pistols cause they were cumbersome and bulky. Lifetime warranty also and you cannot beat that! ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk