Author Topic: Hi-Point .45 carbine prototype  (Read 22274 times)

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hi-Point .45 carbine prototype
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 10:08:17 AM »
It is made next door from me in Ohio.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 10:17:38 AM »
It is made next door from me in Ohio.

Well, run over there and ask them about the .45 carbine and report back to us!  ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 10:33:29 AM »
I stand corrected, mine is a black 995, not 950 as I previously mentioned. Have to put aside the Pabst Blue Ribbon while posting. ;D
I did write a thread about this before. I agree with Coroner about sending someone out in a body bag with it. My wife really enjoys it and it is a hell of a lot cheaper than a HK MP5. Not sure which SWAT Team in California uses it but they do carry it in 40 Smith and Wesson? I have not picked up any of the pistols cause they were cumbersome and bulky. Lifetime warranty also and you cannot beat that! ;)

PBR at this time of day?
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 10:44:34 AM »
How does this compare with the keltec sub 2000? I spent about 5 mins on guntoker and saw the highpoints at $270-$330. The thing is they use a propitetary 10rd mag. The keltec at $400 uses glock,smith,beretta or sig mags that will be interchangeable with your pistol. Plus you're not dependent on high point being around to make more. This seems like a better deal to me. Personally if I'm going with a carbine, as I plan to, I'm going with something in a rifle caliber as there doesn't seem to be any reason not to. If I were going with a pistol caliber though, I would sure lean towards keltec.
fightingquaker13 Who wants to be seduced with offers of carbines for sale.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 11:08:06 AM »
How does this compare with the keltec sub 2000? I spent about 5 mins on guntoker and saw the highpoints at $270-$330. The thing is they use a propitetary 10rd mag. The keltec at $400 uses glock,smith,beretta or sig mags that will be interchangeable with your pistol. Plus you're not dependent on high point being around to make more. This seems like a better deal to me. Personally if I'm going with a carbine, as I plan to, I'm going with something in a rifle caliber as there doesn't seem to be any reason not to. If I were going with a pistol caliber though, I would sure lean towards keltec.

The big +1 on the Kel-Tecs is that you can use the 33 rd Glock mags in the 9mm version..... formidable indeed.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:28:43 AM »

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 11:23:39 AM »
Would if I could Haz but I am on baby duty this week since I am laid off for a couple of weeks.  :'( Ericire12, the post with the PBR was from a couple of days ago.  ;D My buddy is trying to get me to convert to PBR from my Coor's Light. Time's are hard and cannot have my Guinness/Bass Pale ale, Black and Tan's, anymore.  :(

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 11:55:06 AM »
I love me some PBR

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 01:31:51 PM »
I love me some PBR
You stand in good company, because as Dennis Hopper will tell you it beats Heiniken (sucks on oxygen tank) and  ;D
fighingquaker13
PS Ping if you're near Richmond, you can always hit Smileys pub on Tuesday, $2 import drafts.

THE CORONER

• SHOOT STRAIGHT, SHOOT OFTEN, AND PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO SHARE YOUR SPORT WITH THE FUTURE GENERATIONS.
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • DARKWATER FIREARMS AT WILLOW POINT
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 03:58:08 PM »

Quaker, check out this video.  This guy reviews alot.  And is informative and honest.  He's not gonna star in his own gun show soon, but he is getting better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRavtUA9gMs&feature=related
CORONER - SAVAGE 350 SECURITY 12 GA. SHOTGUN
TOETAGGER - WINCHESTER MODEL 94, .30-30
VINDICATOR - RUGER LCP .380 ACP
WIDOWMAKER - RUGER SINGLE SUPER SIX 3-SCREW .22
PLINKALOTER - HERITAGE ROUGH RIDER .22 COMBO 6.5" BRL
BUCKEYE FIREARMS MEMBER
NRA MEMBER

"Governments don't live together, people live together.  With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight.  Well, I've come to give you either one.  Or get either one from you."  Josie Wales

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 04:11:54 PM »
PegLeg has a Kel-Tec he could probably tell you about

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk