Author Topic: Tactical Rifle with Erik - What do you want to see  (Read 7912 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Re: Tactical Rifle with Erik - What do you want to see
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 07:09:14 AM »
An inventory of basic parts for keeping your AR running.  Not something you change out during use...but things we neglect whilst cleaning.  Such as???  I don't know...what is it we don't do when we break 'em down and clean the barrel and wipe everything down?

Next, since there are so many new AR users, maybe just how to use an AR might be a good thing.  How to charge it, how to change a mag, how to open the thing up....be careful where you point that thing when you're doing all of that stuff.

Just surmising that ya'll are gonna be down the road from the house filming since the tac rifle class ends the day before.  If ya'll do a take off on newbies, I've got 14, 17 & 19 year old young men in the house you might be able to use to film a basic how to.  They can bring their own AR & ammo too....maybe an FAL or PS-90 for variety.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Harmony Hermit

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2009, 07:31:46 AM »
How about adding a segment on basic gunsmithing. How to replace/repair trigger groups/broken extractor/damaged gas tube, etc and what tools should be in every gun owners toolbox.

A simple vise block for an AR has made life easier for me. Even makes cleaning easier. An AR combo wrench like the DPMS does several jobs. What tools are recommended by the experts?

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 07:40:28 AM »
How about adding a segment on basic gunsmithing. How to replace/repair trigger groups/broken extractor/damaged gas tube, etc and what tools should be in every gun owners toolbox.

A simple vise block for an AR has made life easier for me. Even makes cleaning easier. An AR combo wrench like the DPMS does several jobs. What tools are recommended by the experts?

Bullseye!  This is what I was trying to say and could not! ! ! !
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

THE CORONER

• SHOOT STRAIGHT, SHOOT OFTEN, AND PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO SHARE YOUR SPORT WITH THE FUTURE GENERATIONS.
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • DARKWATER FIREARMS AT WILLOW POINT
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 07:55:52 AM »

ANY QUESTIONS? ;D
CORONER - SAVAGE 350 SECURITY 12 GA. SHOTGUN
TOETAGGER - WINCHESTER MODEL 94, .30-30
VINDICATOR - RUGER LCP .380 ACP
WIDOWMAKER - RUGER SINGLE SUPER SIX 3-SCREW .22
PLINKALOTER - HERITAGE ROUGH RIDER .22 COMBO 6.5" BRL
BUCKEYE FIREARMS MEMBER
NRA MEMBER

"Governments don't live together, people live together.  With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight.  Well, I've come to give you either one.  Or get either one from you."  Josie Wales

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 08:19:40 AM »

It beats the "Evil Dead II" version where you have to attach it to the stump of your severed hand. Still I don't think the eco nazis will approve of the carbon foot print.
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 08:06:48 AM »

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 08:28:35 AM »
Call me nutty....but maybe a TR course using something other than an AR15.....like a FAL, M1 Carbine, SKS, or even one of the semi-auto hunting rifles like a BAR or Benelli....I'd even be interested in a TR video for mil-surp bolt guns like the SMLE or M-N.....

Please?......  ;D
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 08:46:12 AM »
On a serious note, I would like to weigh in on a "basic gun smithing and deep cleaning for dummies" series with a huge amen. We all assume everyone knows how to deep clean a revolver, or take apart an AR or an AK,or for that matter a 1911. Most of us don't. The factory manuals are written in technospeak with confusing diagrams and an intimidating schematic of small parts. When you go to the web you get good info IF you know the difference between a hammer spring and an extractor spring. Many don't. WATCHING someone do it, with a minimum of jargon woud make me buy a DVD. My .02.
FQ13

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 09:26:14 AM »
I posted earlier, and I have kept reading all along:

I think it is safe to say that the overwhelming request is basics of all kinds - picking, setting up, preparing and caring for.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

THE CORONER

• SHOOT STRAIGHT, SHOOT OFTEN, AND PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO SHARE YOUR SPORT WITH THE FUTURE GENERATIONS.
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • DARKWATER FIREARMS AT WILLOW POINT
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2009, 01:39:05 PM »

TERRORIST ASSAULT RIFLE WITH DETACHABLE BAYONNET; FOR SCOOP, SPADE, AND DIGGING SHOVEL ATTACHMENTS.
WHEN YOUR OUT NUMBERED, OUT OF AMMO, AND OUT OF LUCK....DIG A HOLE!!!
CORONER - SAVAGE 350 SECURITY 12 GA. SHOTGUN
TOETAGGER - WINCHESTER MODEL 94, .30-30
VINDICATOR - RUGER LCP .380 ACP
WIDOWMAKER - RUGER SINGLE SUPER SIX 3-SCREW .22
PLINKALOTER - HERITAGE ROUGH RIDER .22 COMBO 6.5" BRL
BUCKEYE FIREARMS MEMBER
NRA MEMBER

"Governments don't live together, people live together.  With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight.  Well, I've come to give you either one.  Or get either one from you."  Josie Wales

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2009, 05:35:46 PM »

ANY QUESTIONS? ;D

Questions? Um, yeah, uh, why?

"Your scientists were so busy trying to figure out if they could that they forgot to stop and ask themselves if they should"
Malcolm in JP1
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk