Author Topic: Is Israel about to strike Iran ?  (Read 9996 times)

THE CORONER

• SHOOT STRAIGHT, SHOOT OFTEN, AND PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO SHARE YOUR SPORT WITH THE FUTURE GENERATIONS.
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • DARKWATER FIREARMS AT WILLOW POINT
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Is Israel about to strike Iran ?
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 10:20:39 PM »
Yes.

Is this the beginning of the end?  Is it?  Is this what Revelations is telling us?  Armagedeon, Apocalypse, Tribulation, etc...
I'm not an avid bible reader, but I've missed a few naps in church.  I listened, in other words. 
I've heard the stories of Revelations since I've been a child.  Some 30 years ago, and several since then.  And I still have alot to learn about the end of times. 
I fear our leader(s) don't have what it takes for me to enjoy grandchildren someday.  The man who doesn't see the direction our world, not to mention our nation is traveling; is a man whose life on this planet hasn't been realized.  I've realized that I don't want my children, and their children, and their children's children, ect... to live like rats across a desert, like the desert rats trying to build a doomsday device to kill us all! 
It scares the hell out of me!  I'm a believer, I'm just not a very religious man.  I get caught up in my own little world, and I don't think about the important people in my life as often as I should.  And as the years pass by, I get wiser to the ways of the world, but the world gets wiser as well.  I'm not trying to get caught up in all the middle east media propaganda.  But I can't help the religious aspects of these situations.  It's always been Iran in mind.  I remember the Carter years.  I was just going into Jr. High School for Godsake!  But I remember that they hated us then, as they do now. 
Just some thoughts on my mind as I read through your posts replies.  Sorry if I offend anyone with my rambling.   
CORONER - SAVAGE 350 SECURITY 12 GA. SHOTGUN
TOETAGGER - WINCHESTER MODEL 94, .30-30
VINDICATOR - RUGER LCP .380 ACP
WIDOWMAKER - RUGER SINGLE SUPER SIX 3-SCREW .22
PLINKALOTER - HERITAGE ROUGH RIDER .22 COMBO 6.5" BRL
BUCKEYE FIREARMS MEMBER
NRA MEMBER

"Governments don't live together, people live together.  With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight.  Well, I've come to give you either one.  Or get either one from you."  Josie Wales

1776 Rebel

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 12:19:38 PM »
Coroner, not offended at all. This is a place to kick some ideas around and yours are as valid as anyones. My personal thoughts revolve around the fact that it really matters what people over there believe. Like in believe with a capital B. There is a group of folks in Iran including Ahamadingdong that really BELIEVE in what is called the 12th Imam. This is a scary apocalyptic view of the world and end times for Muslims. I have heard commentators talk about how this  group wants total chaos in the region because that will bring the Muslim messiah to earth. Woopie !!! So he is very happy to see a freaking total war between Israel and Iran. It will be glorious in his eyes.

Without understanding what those folks beliefs are puts us at a disadvantage. No different than western society and its general surprise at the whole suicide bomber thing. We may laugh at the 72 virgin stuff but other folks BELIEVE in it. You have to take that into consideration.

SwoopSJ

• November 12, 1978 - November 2, 2011
  • DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Love thy neighbor.
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »
I must plead ignorance as to the beliefs of the Muslim faith.  However, based on my religion, as well as secular history,  you do not mess with God's chosen people.  If the Iranians don't back down there be a poo storm headin' their way. 

Swoop
"...to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."  --Richard H. Lee

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 06:24:22 PM »
If Israel thinks it's existence is threatened they will not stop at anything. They will not hesitate to use their Nukes, chemicals or bugs. Millions will die. In the backlash Israel will probably be destroyed, but they will take the entire middle east down with them.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 04:25:30 AM »
Okay, not to poop the party here, but Israel's sabre rattling, isn't directed towards Tehran, its directed towards DC. The aptly named Netanayahu, is a hardliner who truly thinks that he can have the land of west bank as part of Israel (which is fine by me) without giving the people who have lived here for generations the same rights as Israelis (not even even close to fine). He wants to demonstrate to Obama that Isarael will attack Iran, in order to force us to apply pressure to Tehran. Fair enough, but lets do understand that this is isn't Biblical prophesy, its real politique. Just straight up balance of power games played by two lesser powers (Iran and Israel) trying to maximize their leverage over the dominant power (us) in establishing a new status quo. Nothng satanic or divine (under Jewish, Christian or Muslim definitions thereof) just the same thingt thats been going on since the 1100's when control of Jerusalem started to matter. Whats at play here is a rivalry between Saudi Arabia and Iran for who speaks for the muslim world and who controls the gulf. Just as Netanyahu is threatening to drag us into a war if we don't threaten Iran, so too are the Iranians trying to make Shiaism, not Sunni Wahabism the voice for Jihad. There are wheels within wheels here and if we just blindly say "good guy" "bad guy" we're going to get taken for a ride because there are not two sides. There are about 15 (and no that's not an arbitrary number and I can list them but it would take too much space unles you want me to post a scorecard wich I will cheerfully do). None of them likes us (Israel included) we need to undestand one fundamental principle. To quote that well known commie Henry Kissenger "The purpose of American foreign policy is to advance the interests of the United States of America". Period. Full stop. This is a time to put away the Bibles and get out a copy of Machiavellie's "The Prince" because thats what we're dealing with.
fightingquaker13

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:41:06 AM »

THE CORONER

• SHOOT STRAIGHT, SHOOT OFTEN, AND PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO SHARE YOUR SPORT WITH THE FUTURE GENERATIONS.
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • DARKWATER FIREARMS AT WILLOW POINT
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 09:14:54 AM »
If Israel thinks it's existence is threatened they will not stop at anything. They will not hesitate to use their Nukes, chemicals or bugs. Millions will die. In the backlash Israel will probably be destroyed, but they will take the entire middle east world down with them.
And then our Lord will ask, "Where am I suppose to put the New Jerusalem now?"

Quaker,
I still believe we cannot put down our bibles....  there is alot of political scripture within.  Especially in Revelations.  It's difficult to understand because of the way it's told; but one does get the idea that there are enemies and allies mentioned alike.

I wish we never would have gotten involved in all the BS over there.  I know the religious consequences are huge, but the reality is as disturbing as is the reasoning.  One can argue that this is A-typical political maneuvers; but the religious attributes cannot be overlooked, nor set aside.  Neither side will allow it.  Not for 2000 years anyways.  It's the timeless battle of good vs. evil.  Ideology is the plague of man, when religion dictates policy, because every religion has their own idea of what they believe to be "righteous."
CORONER - SAVAGE 350 SECURITY 12 GA. SHOTGUN
TOETAGGER - WINCHESTER MODEL 94, .30-30
VINDICATOR - RUGER LCP .380 ACP
WIDOWMAKER - RUGER SINGLE SUPER SIX 3-SCREW .22
PLINKALOTER - HERITAGE ROUGH RIDER .22 COMBO 6.5" BRL
BUCKEYE FIREARMS MEMBER
NRA MEMBER

"Governments don't live together, people live together.  With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight.  Well, I've come to give you either one.  Or get either one from you."  Josie Wales

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 11:01:27 AM »
Most if not all the problems in the Middle East are religious based.. Until "religion" is taken out,there will NEVER be peace. Their religious belief's that have been in place for hundreds of years are intrenched in them. It will be never ending, I believe.

Here we can live "for the most part" peaceful with ALL kinds of religious beliefs. Thank God!!
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 12:49:36 PM »
And then our Lord will ask, "Where am I suppose to put the New Jerusalem now?"

Quaker,
I still believe we cannot put down our bibles....  there is alot of political scripture within.  Especially in Revelations.  It's difficult to understand because of the way it's told; but one does get the idea that there are enemies and allies mentioned alike.

I wish we never would have gotten involved in all the BS over there.  I know the religious consequences are huge, but the reality is as disturbing as is the reasoning.  One can argue that this is A-typical political maneuvers; but the religious attributes cannot be overlooked, nor set aside.  Neither side will allow it.  Not for 2000 years anyways.  It's the timeless battle of good vs. evil.  Ideology is the plague of man, when religion dictates policy, because every religion has their own idea of what they believe to be "righteous."

You sum it up fairley when you say ideology is the plague of man, because which side is good and which is evil when there are at least a half a dozen sides all playing their owm game in this mess, us included? This is just one those cases where politics is complicated period. If this were in say South America folks would have no problem with that, but because its in Israel and some Christians are looking (incorrectly I believe, but then I'm a preterist) for the end times it becomes a morality play. The question is how do you have a morality play with the the US, the EU, Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, the Gulf States, Egypt, the Palestinians, Israel, the islamacists, and Iran  all playing their own games, and no one's idea of what constitues an acceptable outcome is the same? Its not a morality play, its a damn mess, the classic charley foxtrot. The day we can attain energy indepependence and wash our hands of the whole region can't come too soon.
FQ13 who would love to say screw them all, and send us a postcard to let us know how it works out over there

1776 Rebel

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 01:10:00 PM »
FQ, I think you miss the point here. It is about motivations and belief systems. The classic debate between KGB and CIA/Western spy recruitment was that of multiple motivations vs. some grand driver (the KGB believing in multiple motivations). If Ahmadingdong believes that the 12th Imam will come thru war,  then that is a driver you can't ignore. You may not believe that but he does. To say Israel (in some broad brush) is just looking to twist up DC without understanding who has political power in the state and what drives them (for instance the radical religous on the west bank) again misses it. A good read (if you can call it that) are any of the books by Jerrold Post on the psychology of leaders.

The Psychological Assessment of Political Leaders: With Profiles of Saddam Hussein and Bill Clinton (Paperback)

Know Thy Enemy: Profiles Of Adversary Leaders And Their Strategic Cultures (Paperback)

The Mind of the Terrorist by Jerrold M. Post (Hardcover - 8 Feb 2008)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 01:23:47 PM »
FQ, I think you miss the point here. It is about motivations and belief systems. The classic debate between KGB and CIA/Western spy recruitment was that of multiple motivations vs. some grand driver (the KGB believing in multiple motivations). If Ahmadingdong believes that the 12th Imam will come thru war,  then that is a driver you can't ignore. You may not believe that but he does. To say Israel (in some broad brush) is just looking to twist up DC without understanding who has political power in the state and what drives them (for instance the radical religous on the west bank) again misses it. A good read (if you can call it that) are any of the books by Jerrold Post on the psychology of leaders.
I think we're in ageement here. Netanyahu is beholden to the Israeli right, and Abadenijad has definately drunk the Kool-Aid. (The question is whether the Guardian Council who is really in control in Iran have drunk it as well). All I wassaying is that Netanyahu is trying to put pressure on Obama to force him to confront Iran rather than taking a slower diplomatic approach.
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk