Author Topic: BHO kills concealed carry in National Parks  (Read 8004 times)

1776 Rebel

BHO kills concealed carry in National Parks
« on: April 19, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »
You've got to give the boy king credit where credit is do. Just like when kids are playing chicken, he stopped right when the latest court declared the Bush ruling of carrying in National Parks illegal....dang he is one smart Chicago pol...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aylETgvsDpbk&refer=us

April 18 (Bloomberg) -- The Obama administration won’t challenge a court ruling that prohibits visitors at some national parks to carry loaded concealed firearms, satisfying gun control groups.

The Interior Department said in a court filing yesterday that it will uphold a U.S. District Judge’s decision to reinstate 26-year-old restrictions on loaded guns in national parks and will conduct a full environmental review of a Bush administration regulation allowing the weapons.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: BHO kills concealed carry in National Parks
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 03:04:24 PM »
Activist judges
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 03:36:37 PM »
Unless you use the Clinton approach,

Don't Ask, Don't Tell...

I'm sure the criminals that go to the parks will adhere to the rulng as well.......

Signs at the gate should read:

Welcome Victims!
Rules of Yosemite National Park.

Please comply with all criminal demands for your camera's cash, jewelry, food, and let them have their way with your wife and daughters.

Our studies have shown that you have a decent probability of surviving by appeasing your attacker.

Wild animals attack so infrequently, that you should not be in any danger. Play dead for the bears,...

Thank you, have a nice visit.

How about a big Rambo style knife? or Chinese throwing stars? or a tactical sling shot? are they banned also?
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »
I'll just not go into National parks.
And, I'm sending letters to everyone I can think of and telling them that if I can't protect myself in the parks, I just won't go.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 05:01:27 PM »
I'll just not go into National parks.
And, I'm sending letters to everyone I can think of and telling them that if I can't protect myself in the parks, I just won't go.

Peg
This has been the rule from the time I was born. Hypothetically speaking, has it ever stopped anyone from sticking a handgun in their car/back pack? ..crickets....coughing...taking of the fifth all around. 8)
I don't like the move and would love to see the rule overturned, but I will only say that most people's camping style will not effected.
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:42:56 AM »

1776 Rebel

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 05:04:29 PM »
How about a big Rambo style knife? or Chinese throwing stars? or a tactical sling shot? are they banned also?

In my younger days I did a portion of the Appalachian Trail. Up in New Hampshire I remember that there was an 8" length restriction (on knives :) ) in the Presidential range (national forest or national wilderness I can't remember which). Does anyone know if this is still the case?

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 05:23:18 PM »
Peg
This has been the rule from the time I was born. Hypothetically speaking, has it ever stopped anyone from sticking a handgun in their car/back pack? ..crickets....coughing...taking of the fifth all around. 8)
I don't like the move and would love to see the rule overturned, but I will only say that most people's camping style will not effected.
FQ13

Yes, but now would be the time to make a point of the absurdity of the ruling, since it's in the limelight.
I've always had a gun in the vehicle when visiting parks (I don't think that was illegal, just CCW...someone correct me if I'm wrong). I just kept it locked in a case while in the park.
Closest to me is Andersonville and the last time I was there I just locked it in the truck.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 05:46:27 PM »
Andersonville is a National Historic Site.   (Help me with the difference.)

One of the problems is where local, public roads traverse park property, as is the case here with Kennesaw National Battlefield Park.  Technically every time I drive through the park on a state road, I'm in violation of the law. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 06:07:10 PM »
Andersonville is a National Historic Site.   (Help me with the difference.)

One of the problems is where local, public roads traverse park property, as is the case here with Kennesaw National Battlefield Park.  Technically every time I drive through the park on a state road, I'm in violation of the law. 
[/b]

In a true renegade, rebellious, DRTV Ranger, American Way!

This is preposterous!.

Teddy Roosevelt, who used to target shoot on the White House lawn, is rolling over in his grave.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 06:15:46 PM »
Andersonville is a National Historic Site.   (Help me with the difference.)

It is run by the National Park Service.....at least one would think so since it portals through their management service.  ??

http://www.nps.gov/ande/index.htm

It depends on the park and each one has different guidelines for firearms from 'none allowed' to 'may be transported if locked and unloaded'.

Anybody??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk