Author Topic: Too Much Ammo in Mass. Gets You Arrested !  (Read 5463 times)

1776 Rebel

Too Much Ammo in Mass. Gets You Arrested !
« on: May 18, 2009, 01:01:59 PM »
Well I guess this answers the age old question: Can a guy ever have TOO MUCH ammo?

http://www.eagletribune.com/archivesearch/local_story_135220825.html

Police: Man said 30,000 bullets were for target practice
By Paul Tennant
ptennant@eagletribune.com

May 16, 2009 12:00 am

HAVERHILL — Keni Garcia told police he intended to use the 30,000 bullets they found in his car and home for target practice.

That is hard to believe, the prosecutor at Garcia's arraignment said, because if he were to fire a gun for eight hours a day, it would take weeks for him to use all of it.

Garcia, who allegedly bought thousands of rounds of ammunition and had 10,000 bullets in his car when he was stopped by police Thursday, was ordered held on $500,000 cash bail yesterday.
[/i]

dj454

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Too Much Ammo in Mass. Gets You Arrested !
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 01:08:54 PM »
Were is the crime here.It is none of their damn business how much ammo he has.How can he be arrested for that.

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 01:15:56 PM »
There is more to this story folks...

It is illegal to possess handgun ammo in MA without the proper license LTC, Class B minimum.  It's illegal to own rifle or shotgun ammo or powder, etc....without at least an FID card or "Firearms Identification Card"..

This guy moved from NH, you have 60 days to get legal with all the licenses and since he was NOT a U.S. citizen, doubt he would have gotten them.  The law in MA is pretty clear here, I don't necessarily agree with it but nonetheless, it is the law...

It sucks, but I followed the rules, by the book, and had no problem when I moved here...he should have gotten legal and THEN brought everything home..

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »
It is true that not everything has been stated - Including why he was pulled over to begin with.  However, there is no explanation to his claim that he is still within the grace period, and even though he is not a citizen, yet, he was to become a citizen.  Now, I would bet that keeping his stuff and becoming a citizen will both be in jeopardy.

Don't you just love how our Constitution is protecting our Rights  ???
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 01:29:27 PM »
It is true that not everything has been stated - Including why he was pulled over to begin with.  However, there is no explanation to his claim that he is still within the grace period, and even though he is not a citizen, yet, he was to become a citizen.  Now, I would bet that keeping his stuff and becoming a citizen will both be in jeopardy.

Don't you just love how our Constitution is protecting our Rights  ???

I'll look into the grace Mike but I think, as I stated above that you have to get legal and then bring your belongings into the state.  Unlike most state constitutions, MA has re-written the US Constitution to suit their needs and not the needs of the populace.  I knew better when I move here from CT back in 96 and luckily have a brother who lives on the south coast of CT.  He babysat all my firearms when I moved here then I had to use an FFL in CT to ship them to an FFL here in MA to make sure things were legal...

Again, no exuse for a stupid law, but it's the law at work, not the brainchilds in Boston....

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:44:33 AM »

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 01:31:02 PM »
Well, the gentleman now knows what he can spend weeks shooting...
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 01:38:06 PM »
Another thought here is that the local Transit Authority and State Police, etc.. have been taking a load of heat since September 11, 2001 since all of the highjacked planes came out of Boston.

They have been pretty freaky deaky since then and very, very careful about this sort of thing....again, I'm not defending them, just offering some information.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 01:59:05 PM »
Which is why since I passed through on my way back to NH from Ca. I have not set foot back in the PRMa.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 06:14:01 PM »
Now there are three times when having too much ammo is a BAD THING!!!

1. When you are drowning.

2. When you are on fire.

Now,

3. When your in Mass. :-\
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Timothy

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 06:34:18 PM »
I read the laws again and if I read them correctly, aliens are NOT allowed to posess handguns in MA.  Once he became a citizen, if that information proves true, then he would have had to take a NRA or State Police handgun safety course and apply for and approved for an LTC Class A or B from his local PD.  Class A is what this guy needed as more than 5 rounds capacity is considered HIGH cap.

Scheduling the class would take a few weeks or a month depending and application for the LTC can take as long as 45 days in some cases.  We are a MAY issue state so nothing is certain until your local PD says yes.  Mine took two days, my daughters took about two weeks and the SIL took 6 weeks.  Depends on the Chief of PD and his mood...some towns just say no..

Once approved, he would be legal to posess the ammo.  After that he would need to transfer the firearms through legal means (FFL to FFL).  This guy did ALL the wrong things and ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Sucks but that's the law as I interpret it...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk