Author Topic: Too Much Ammo in Mass. Gets You Arrested !  (Read 5477 times)

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Too Much Ammo in Mass. Gets You Arrested !
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 06:56:34 PM »
So, are there states where it IS legal for aliens to buy and posses handguns?  Any Federal laws?  I remember a few weeks back a story about non resident US citizens being unable to buy guns when they were back in the US.  I'd be weird if aliens could buy guns when US citizens couldn't.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

Timothy

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 07:00:00 PM »
So, are there states where it IS legal for aliens to buy and posses handguns?  Any Federal laws?  I remember a few weeks back a story about non resident US citizens being unable to buy guns when they were back in the US.  I'd be weird if aliens could buy guns when US citizens couldn't.

The article said he purchased the ammo and guns in NH.  It did not say he bought them legally!  Good question though!  I'm pretty sure that resident aliens can buy a shotgun in MA with an FID card but not without it.

Update:  Aliens cannot obtain any license for firearms in MA...

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 07:20:32 PM »
Can I please have his ammo?

Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 07:22:35 PM »
So, are there states where it IS legal for aliens to buy and posses handguns?  Any Federal laws?  I remember a few weeks back a story about non resident US citizens being unable to buy guns when they were back in the US.  I'd be weird if aliens could buy guns when US citizens couldn't.

I believe you can purchase and have the firearm sent overseas legally. I tried to bring my Makarov to Peru a few years back. it's legal and easy, but the problem is that the someone in customs got hold of it and stole my gun!!! all I had to do was pay the local taxes on it. although if someone bought for export they wouldn't have the guns or ammo on them. kind of like ffl to ffl.

oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I have a ccw in Peru. so I wouldn't be surprised if a legal resident may be able to get a ccw in some states.
YOU CAN TEACH A MONKEY HOW TO RIDE A BICYCLE: BUT YOU CAN'T TEACH HIM HOW TO FIX IT!!

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 07:23:18 PM »

I'll check PA law, I recall something about legal aliens and firearms. Might just be CCW.

Edit: Illegals may not possess weapons here. Non immigrant aliens are generally prohibited under Fed laws, some exceptions made. Green -carded aliens are allowed to posses and get CCW in PA, seem no prohibition on the Fed side.
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:19:20 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk