Author Topic: gun safe, can't open  (Read 16405 times)

tombogan03884

Re: gun safe, can't open
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 09:22:10 PM »
 The Stack Ons that I have looked at, torch would be major overkill. They are only made out of .060 sheet metal, use a Sawz All with a hack saw blade and you can take the end right off. But to keep from hitting the guns inside I would still suggest using a pry bar to pop open the door.
Large screw driver should be enough.

DeltaM

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 07:33:05 PM »
Just to follow up on my predicament.  I got my stuff out and will attach a picture if I can figure out how.  I also figured out why the batteries were dead.  The safe was in my underwear drawer.  I had a couple pair of socks stuffed in there on top of the safe.  When I pushed down on the socks to get the drawer closed it probable pushed on the buttons holding one or more down.  

I had 2 guns my wallet a Glock clip and a S&W speed loader in there.  I ended up using my Saws-all and a drill to pry open the places where the locking rods fit.  The steel is convoluted around in such a way that it is very stiff.  I couldn't believe how tough the little box was.  Prying it open was out.  It was to big for my vise and to little and slick to adequately clamp down.  It was hard enough to hold it still while I cut it.  If I find the key I'll weld the tabs I cut out back on and re-paint it.

There was another piece of the same metal across the inside from top to bottom that is not showing as I had to cut it out.  It would be the equivalent of door stop so when the door is closed you can't get a pry bar past the door.  You can see a short piece at the upper left of the safe on pic 10.

Mike

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 07:53:43 PM »
Just to follow up on my predicament.  I got my stuff out and will attach a picture if I can figure out how.  I also figured out why the batteries were dead.  The safe was in my underwear drawer.  I had a couple pair of socks stuffed in there on top of the safe.  When I pushed down on the socks to get the drawer closed it probable pushed on the buttons holding one or more down. 

I had 2 guns my wallet a Glock clip and a S&W speed loader in there.  I ended up using my Saws-all and a drill to pry open the places where the locking rods fit.  The steel is convoluted around in such a way that it is very stiff.  I couldn't believe how tough the little box was.  Prying it open was out.  It was to big for my vise and to little and slick to adequately clamp down.  It was hard enough to hold it still while I cut it.  If I find the key I'll weld the tabs I cut out back on and re-paint it.

There was another piece of the same metal across the inside from top to bottom that is not showing as I had to cut it out.  It would be the equivalent of door stop so when the door is closed you can't get a pry bar past the door.  You can see a short piece at the upper left of the safe on pic 10.

Mike

Mike glad you solved yer problem BUT>>>>>>

;)  ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

DeltaM

• Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 08:47:19 PM »
Yeh, but I can spell clips. ;)  By the way, I hope someone doesn't try to shoot the "clip" on the bottom ;D.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 08:51:51 PM »
Yeh, but I can spell clips. ;)  By the way, I hope someone doesn't try to shoot the "clip" on the bottom ;D.

You know, as many times as Haz has put that picture up, I had never noticed that those .45's had no primers  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:55:56 AM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 09:08:27 PM »
Delta-

Great "range report" ??? How long did it take to break?
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 09:12:15 PM »
You know, as many times as Haz has put that picture up, I had never noticed that those .45's had no primers "CAPS"  ;D

Aint nothing but a G-thang, baby.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

DeltaM

• Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 11:09:03 AM »
Delta-

Great "range report" ??? How long did it take to break?

About 45 minutes.  Most spent taping to keep out metal filings and looking with a penlight to make sure nothing vibrated into range of the saw.

Something else funny, the Kahr was clean but the Glock seemed like a magnet. Stuff was stuck to the point they were hard to brush  off.   Had to strip it to get them all out.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 12:12:23 PM »
Shame, just came upon the thread.  You can get a lock pick kit for about $17 bucks.  Takes about 5 to 15 minutes to get through most locks your first time or two...  But no damage!  Sorry.  I've used mine several times just playing around on car locks, door locks, pad locks, my gun safe lock.  After your first time or two you can pop most locks in about 1 - 3 minutes.

DeltaM

• Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 10:05:13 PM »
Can one be bought online?  I asked my local locksmith about selling me one and he gave me a line like you need to be qualified, or trained or some such.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk