Author Topic: Massad Ayoob on the Ruger SR 556  (Read 29401 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Massad Ayoob on the Ruger SR 556
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 05:48:50 PM »
 OK, I didn't think I'd be saying this about "just another AR" But 180 rounds of Wolf and good accuracy ? I'm impressed.
 Thanks for the report Buckwheat, I've been skipping this thread but just read YOUR posts. Mos may be a great guy but he gets PAID to say nice things about guns. YOU made me a believer.  ;D

Buckwheat McCoy

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »
If anyone wants larger pictures of the targets, let me know and I'll e-mail them to you.  The forum only allows for 200KB and the orginals are between 3.5 and 4 Meg.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 09:20:54 PM »
Thanks for the pics and the excellent report Buckwheat.

When I'm able I'l be picking up a Ruger 556.

Thanks again!!!
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 09:25:12 PM »
Price being a consideration and all, I like the folding/collapsable stock that comes on the Para. I'm not in the market for another AR right now, but could the same thing be done with the Ruger? I haven't looked into it to see what the differences are.
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 09:29:05 PM »
Thanks for the range report and photos Buckwheat McCoy. Rather enticing photos and creates a sudden urge into purchasing one. But, the wife just found out about my order for a new Glock 35 and is a little pissed right now. Ooops. :-\ Guess I will not be making any firearm purchases in the near future.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:44:05 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 09:35:37 PM »
Thanks for the range report and photos Buckwheat McCoy. Rather enticing photos and creates a sudden urge into purchasing one. But, the wife just found out about my order for a new Glock 35 and is a little pissed right now. Ooops. :-\ Guess I will not be making any firearm purchases in the near future.

Reciprocity Ping!  Reciprocity!

Just understand you can have anything you want at twice the price.  Fourteen hundred for the 556 and another 1400 for her new shoe collection or whatever.  With mine it's pocketbooks!   ;D ;D

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2009, 09:38:34 PM »
Reciprocity Ping!  Reciprocity!

Just understand you can have anything you want at twice the price.  Fourteen hundred for the 556 and another 1400 for her new shoe collection or whatever.  With mine it's pocketbooks!   ;D ;D
Mine would want her own 556. ;D
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 09:40:51 PM »
LOL. Thanks Timothy. I have been shelling out money on her left and right and thought I was covered.  ??? Then she noticed the $17 I spent for the overnight shipment and payment to OMB Guns in Kansas and I could not lie!!!  :P

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 09:43:40 PM »
Well I am fortunate to have a shooter for a wife. Was trying to bribe her with some Crimson Trace grips. Didn't work but she was gracious.

Timothy

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 09:44:12 PM »
Lies are too difficult to remember.  The truth will set you free and is impossible to forget.

;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk