Author Topic: I got "Gun-Free Zoned" this weekend  (Read 16565 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Re: I got "Gun-Free Zoned" this weekend
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 06:17:54 AM »
Trespassing on posted private property that is not open to the public for business is a different situation than a sign at amovie theatre that is open for public business.  You've got to do what you feel comfortable with....that many police around I'd probably find another place anyway.

Here in Oklahoma, just to rub it in a bit, when signs in public places of business are posted "no guns" the fine is a tressapass fine for $75 in Tulsa....but that's only after the storekeeper asks you to leave, calles the police, the police show up and ask you to leave and you tell them you are staying anyway.  Not a bad deal for a concealed carry holder...police show up, look at your license, then you leave no foul, no check to be written and no doubt will never shop there again.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 10:03:04 AM »
In NH the State reserves the right to regulate fire arms (Preemption ) They can put up the signs if they want, but it doesn't mean I have to pay attention to it.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 11:18:47 AM »
In ND the State reserves the right to regulate fire arms (Preemption ) They can put up the signs if they want, but it doesn't mean I have to pay attention to it don't even bother putting signs up.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 11:26:51 AM »
I've been thinking about this today and other than BassPro Shops, I can't think of anywhere I've been in the last few years that has been posted.  BassPro doesn't say "No CC", just "Please check sidearms at the counter"...

As I said, I left a gun show because the SP were checking firearms and chose to go back home.  Other than that, I go to restaurants, bars (don't drink), shopping, etc....and carry nearly everywhere other than those areas that are federally mandated as off limits.  I have not been to a moving picture show in some years now.  I took the kid to the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy three years running so that's been at least six years.

Maybe I should pay closer attention, or not! 

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 11:43:29 AM »
I've been thinking about this today and other than BassPro Shops, I can't think of anywhere I've been in the last few years that has been posted.  BassPro doesn't say "No CC", just "Please check sidearms at the counter"...

As I said, I left a gun show because the SP were checking firearms and chose to go back home.  Other than that, I go to restaurants, bars (don't drink), shopping, etc....and carry nearly everywhere other than those areas that are federally mandated as off limits.  I have not been to a moving picture show in some years now.  I took the kid to the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy three years running so that's been at least six years.

Maybe I should pay closer attention, or not! 
Gander is the same as Basspro. The sign is not directed at CCW folks. Its for people who bring in guns to trade or for repair. The drill is you take it to the service counter, work the action to show them it's empty and then, if its a pistol (all I've ever brought in to gander) they put it in a a plastic hard case sealed with a pastic tie. They just are trying to prevent some nimrod from an ND. The clerk I asked about CCW just smiled and scratched the small of her back while asking if I'd seen their big sale on fishing rods. ;D
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:42:30 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 11:44:34 AM »

Gander Mountain has a sign that states all firearms and bows must be checked in at the customer service counter, and then it adds that this does not pertain to concealed carry  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 01:33:40 PM »
 The only place I ever saw a NO CCW sign in NH was at the Manchester Gun Show, I haven't been back since.

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 01:36:01 PM »
The only place I ever saw a NO CCW sign in NH was at the Manchester Gun Show, I haven't been back since.

Was the sign put up buy the convention center or the gun show itself, cause one's worse than the other.

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 01:38:07 PM »
Not sure, it might have been Manchester PD they are dicks.  Same for Newington Portsmouth and Somersworth.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 01:54:33 PM »
Agreed. However, stupidity aside, you might have gotten a deal since they probably ran off half the customers. :P
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk