Author Topic: I got "Gun-Free Zoned" this weekend  (Read 16564 times)

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I got "Gun-Free Zoned" this weekend
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 02:48:39 PM »
If there is no metal detector, I lose the ability to read or at the very least I become extremely unobservant.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 05:43:55 PM »
...... At a movie theater in North Charleston SC......

I had to go back to the car to lock up my concealed carry piece because they had a sign posted. I guess I am just too big of a threat to the public to carry a LEGALLY concealed firearm into a movie theater on a Friday night .....  ::) ...... Its a good thing they had that big sign posted of a gun with a red line through it..... I mean who knows how many people could have gotten killed if I, a law abiding citizen who has undergone an extensive background check by our State Law Enforcement Division and who has also been certified in the classroom and on the firing line, tried to sit there and enjoy a movie while having a gun on my person....... I mean, just think of how many lives that sign saved that night..... hell, think of how many lives that sign saves every year...... Who ever came up with that thing has done us all a great service...... I know that if we just put those things up everywhere, gun crime will end instantly........ There was no gun crime at the movie theater that night, so one could only conclude that it was because they designated this establishment as a gun free zone and posted that amazing life saving sign....... oh, wait....... maybe it was because of the 8 cops they had working there that night and the 6 police cars parked out front (literally -- Im not joking). 

Contact Info:
Corp Customer Relations: 1-877-TELLREGAL
Regal Entertainment Group corporate offices 
7132 Regal Lane  Knoxville, Tennessee 37918 
Phone: 1-865-922-1123 
Fax: 1-865-922-3188 

Regal Charles Towne Square 18
2401 Mall Drive
North Charleston, SC 29406
(843) 554-6120

*They will be getting my 2 cents, and I will be also forwarding it on to a local grass roots organization..... they are like our State's equivalent of the NRA. They specialize in tearing companies a new one for posting these no carry signs

As I recall, Westroads Mall in Omaha had one of those signs and we all know how well THAT worked out.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 07:03:23 PM »

As I recall, Westroads Mall in Omaha had one of those signs and we all know how well THAT worked out.

If I recall correctly They had the same signs at their sister mall and quietly took them down for awhile to avoid scrutiny for their policy.

The last gunshow I went to they asked if you were CCW and if so asked for the ammo.  The ammo was put in a manilla envelope with your name on it and given back to you when you left.  STUPID practice and an impractical safty policy that would not stop somebody from loading up with more ammo.  Just waiting for a negligent discharge to happen with all the unnecessary gun handling.  I was there with a off duty cop that didn't have to unload and my neighbor that works high end security and is issued a select fire AR daily at work.  The neighbor ejected the cartidges from his revolver, went in the bathroom and reloaded with his extra rounds.  When they asked if I was CCW, I just said no.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 08:57:46 PM »
.............. I lose the ability to read or at the very least I become extremely unobservant.

Well, if it works for the illegals............ ;D
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 10:47:05 AM »
Well, if it works for the illegals............ ;D

+1 
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 01:36:05 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 11:06:22 AM »
  No habla Englis .

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 05:08:47 PM »
  No habla Englis .

If my local police dept stops someone that speaks a foriegn language thay can't understand, they just let them go.  I think I'll take a language class.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

cooptire

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 05:49:01 PM »
In KS is a misdeameanor to carry in a business that has made itself safety free. I'm not sure about doing it in the local government buildings, as to whether it is a more serious crime. Of course I don't see 'advertisements' anymore. They're everywhere and I just get so I can't see them anymore.  ::)
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2009, 10:36:33 AM »
  No habla Englis .
It really pi&^%es me off, but the bottom of the signs in Tejas read: Esta ley de estado. No permisso armas de fuego en esta sito. I think I got that right. I don't speak much Messcan.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

tombogan03884

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2009, 10:39:07 AM »
It really pi&^%es me off, but the bottom of the signs in Tejas read: Esta ley de estado. No permisso armas de fuego en esta sito. I think I got that right. I don't speak much Messcan.

Have to find a Russian translation the for, "I have no freaking idea what you are saying". Shouldn't be to many of THOSE in Texas.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk