Author Topic: Real rifles  (Read 25224 times)

warhawke

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Real rifles
« on: October 04, 2007, 11:07:23 PM »
This will be short as I busted my typing hand.

I don't get SG as my cable co. doesn't carry it and I'm too broke (and cheap) for a dish, but here on the website you guys always seem to harp on the mouseguns. Now "high-tech" rifles are fine (except for AR's which I have no use for, not liking junk), but I want to see REAL rifles! Lets see the FN-FAL's, the PTR-91's and the M-1A's, you know, rifles for real men, not girlymen.
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"
(The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety)
Virgil

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Real rifles
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 04:27:55 AM »
There are a whole lot of dead terrorists that could argue with you about the AR not being a "mans" rifle!  As for it being "junk", my two ARs are the funnest guns I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot.
Life Member of the NRA

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 06:24:20 AM »
(except for AR's which I have no use for, not liking junk)

INCOMING!! :o
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

CLP

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 07:09:12 AM »
This will be short as I busted my typing hand.

I don't get SG as my cable co. doesn't carry it and I'm too broke (and cheap) for a dish, but here on the website you guys always seem to harp on the mouseguns. Now "high-tech" rifles are fine (except for AR's which I have no use for, not liking junk), but I want to see REAL rifles! Lets see the FN-FAL's, the PTR-91's and the M-1A's, you know, rifles for real men, not girlymen.

Warhawke,
  I used to feel exactly like you.  In 94 I was forced to buy a Colt HBAR full dressed because of the AWB.  It was a safe queen until a couple years ago.  Today with ammo prices and reloading the 223's are much more economical (half the powder).  I recently bought a S&W MP15
and really like it.  The quality and workmanship better than my M1A.

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 10:26:12 AM »
(except for AR's which I have no use for, not liking junk)

INCOMING!! :o

I will second that HazCat..  :o :o

Let me see.  FN-FAL, HK91, and the Cetme would all be considered High Tech rifles, depending on what time period you are looking at.  I do see a common theme here though.  .308 cartridges all.  Is this more of an issue with the rifle itself, or the round that it shoots?  Heck I have an AR-10 (.308), so is that included?

Sorry, I just could not help myself.

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:52:00 PM »

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 03:05:59 PM »
but I want to see REAL rifles! Lets see the FN-FAL's, the PTR-91's and the M-1A's, you know, rifles for real men, not girlymen.

You funny guy!

How about these?
http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/semi-auto/SLR-semi.html

I'd love to have one, but I just can't afford it.

Heck, my wife doesn't drive her car much anymore!

warhawke

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 11:34:20 PM »
Heck I have an AR-10 (.308), so is that included?

-Bidah

No, cause an AR in any other caliber stinks just as much!
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"
(The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety)
Virgil

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 09:01:58 AM »
Well Warhawke, at least we now know where you stand.  You do not like the AR platform, as it isn't a real rifle.

I would appreciate it, as I am sure some others would as well, if you simply would have stated that you would like to see more done on the site with some other rifles, such as an FN-FAL (go DSA!!), PTR-91 or the venerable M1A.  There was no need to put out there your feelings about our "junk".  If you do not like them, fine, I am ok with that. Have you tried them?  Perhaps you could offer some constructive criticism on what you did not like about AR's, in another thread, so that it can be discussed, instead of dissed..  ::)

I am not here to please you, or anyone else for that matter. I am here to enjoy the place, and open my eyes to some other firearms that I may not have considered.  I have even went out and got some of them to try for myself.  If I end up no liking them, no harm, no foul.

Better yet, post that you would like to see in the forum that MB has setup for suggestions, or that you would like to see more shows on those subjects.  That way he is sure to see it.

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
    • JohnJacobH's RKBA Commentary
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 04:07:23 PM »

How about these?
http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/semi-auto/SLR-semi.html

Mmmmmm, BAR's! Mmmmmmm

The comforting burp of a BAR off my flank as the [deleted] head for the hills.

(Can't remember who wrote that)

Best regards,

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 04:46:08 PM »
Well warhawke, at least we know your  either a poser or a troll . Or worse just a jackass, who has no idea what hes talkin about. (sorry i had to say that) . be gone you idiot
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk