Author Topic: POLICE STYLE RIFLE  (Read 6626 times)

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
    • JohnJacobH's RKBA Commentary
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
POLICE STYLE RIFLE
« on: October 08, 2007, 04:58:15 PM »
Boy, you have to love the media.

While everyone else pounds their brains to rename ugly evil black terrorist assault  rifles "high tech rifles" or " platform rifles" when a Sheriff's Deputy massacres six high school students in cold blood he conveniently uses a "police style AR-15" .

This once again proves only Military and Police should have firearms, I guess.

Best regards,

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/08/wisconsin.shooting/index.html

CRANDON, Wisconsin (CNN) -- An off-duty sheriff's deputy used a police-style AR-15 rifle to kill six people at an early morning party in a small Wisconsin town, officials said Monday.
art.peterson.wtmj.jpg

Tyler Peterson, a sheriff's deputy, shot and killed six people, police said.

Twenty-year-old sheriff's deputy Tyler Peterson went to an apartment where a group of high school students and recent graduates were watching movies and eating pizza early Sunday, authorities said at a Monday news conference.

Peterson got in an argument with someone, got a rifle from his truck, forced his way back into the apartment and fired about 30 rounds at about 2:45 a.m. (3:45 a.m. ET). Six people were killed; one person survived and is hospitalized, Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen said.

Peterson was killed in a shootout with law officers Sunday afternoon after negotiations for his surrender failed, officials said. The town's mayor said Tyler was killed by a SWAT team sniper.

The dead and wounded were all students or graduates of Crandon High School, and Peterson was a graduate of the school, which has a little more than 300 students.

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: POLICE STYLE RIFLE
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 05:22:26 PM »
I would like to know where all the shooters are getting there "automatic" pistols ::). I'd love to have one!!!!
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

USSA-1

• Top Forum Member
    • US Shooting Academy
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 01:33:43 PM »
There are mentally deficient people in all walks of life.  Law Enforcement is no exception.

Erik

"Occupo Mens"
Win the Fight

Watch The Tactical Rifle Channel

CLP

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 02:48:59 PM »
This is another perfect example where a bad person with a gun is stopped with a good person with a gun.

redstone_on_warpath

• NATIVE WARRIOR
  • Forum Member
  • Native 4 lyfe
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 04:48:36 PM »
it sux that an officer of the law was hanging out with ppl his age while he was at a "PARTY" -- u know good and well 2 am  there was no movie or pizza more like booze but oh wel. sux that he freaked out and tried to solve the probllem with deadly force. what a shame. that jus my comment ****" take it with a grain of salt."*****

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:54:11 AM »

Long Armed Devil

• Forum Member
  • Think... then speak
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 04:06:36 PM »
For those people who would say that the background tests and psych evals should have weeded this guy out there is an old japanese saying, something like this...

People have 3 faces or hearts, 1st is the face/heart that is shown to everyone; 2nd is the face/heart that is shown to your family and 3rd is the face/heart that only the person sees. 

So what I'm saying is that no matter what tests or evals are done you can't have a perfect system that can catch everything, because you can never really know what is in another's heart.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 03:11:16 AM »
Long Armed Devil, I am NOT trying to be sarcastic. That is an EXTREMELY good point and its probably exactly the sort of situation that saying was meant to cover. That being said, Have you read "47th Samurai."

Long Armed Devil

• Forum Member
  • Think... then speak
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 12:41:42 PM »
Have not read it, but heard Mike talk about on one of his podcasts.  Did you read it? If so, would you rec? 

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 04:26:55 PM »
I recall reading about this in another article that indicated that the Deputy's recently ex-girlfriend was at the "pizza party". The Deputy was not on the guest list. Guess he smelled the anchovies...   Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 08:46:52 PM »
Long Arm Devil, Yes to both, I read it AND recommend it. It doesn't have as much gun stuff as Stephen Hunter usually has, He calls this "his sword book" but there is alot about Honor, Duty and other " lost arts".
If you are not familiar with Mr. Hunter's books I HIGHLY recommend any of the "Swagger" books. Either the ones about Bob Lee Swagger or his Father, Earl. You don't need to read them in order as each is complete in its self. The first one I read was " BlackLight" which pretty much introduces you to all the MAIN characters in all the books.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk