Author Topic: AK Course, next week!  (Read 12581 times)

tombogan03884

Re: AK Course, next week!
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 11:59:01 AM »
 Have you checked out Gabe Suarez ?

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 01:46:12 PM »
Have you checked out Gabe Suarez ?
only you would bring that name up ::)
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 02:01:21 PM »
only you would bring that name up ::)

What is that supposed to mean ?

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 03:35:03 PM »
I will temper my response , since I have a history of volitarity. hes a money making , suck the wind out of any trainer and wants your money, and has no better knowledge of the AK than I do . Its a simple weapon, made for stupid people, which runs forever without being cleaned. And as far as tactics go, any Battle rifle will be used in the same way. there is NO magic GURU for the AK.

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 04:28:04 PM »
I will temper my response , since I have a history of volitarity. hes a money making , suck the wind out of any trainer and wants your money, and has no better knowledge of the AK than I do . Its a simple weapon, made for stupid people, which runs forever without being cleaned. And as far as tactics go, any Battle rifle will be used in the same way. there is NO magic GURU for the AK.

Rob, What do you think ?

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:31:07 AM »

Badgersmilk

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 07:43:46 PM »
If I may...  I agree with. "Its a simple weapon, made for stupid people, which runs forever without being cleaned.", but most EVERYBODY can use at least a little refining on their weapon handling under fire skills.  There are little tricks and tips for changing magazines, close quarters handling, weapon presentation, changing weapons (when out of ammo or such), firing from vehicles, exc., exc. that a class can help A LOT with.

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 07:52:36 PM »
If I may...  I agree with. "Its a simple weapon, made for stupid people, which runs forever without being cleaned.", but most EVERYBODY can use at least a little refining on their weapon handling under fire skills.  There are little tricks and tips for changing magazines, close quarters handling, weapon presentation, changing weapons (when out of ammo or such), firing from vehicles, exc., exc. that a class can help A LOT with.

I agree that one needs a good knowledge and function check of  any weapon, and this one is probably the easiest rifle to get a good working knowledge of. The mag swap is a piece of cake, much easier and faster than the AR. And point and shoot IMO is faster also. A good AK is a damn fine rifle, not a great battle rifle, but a great 200m rifle.

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 07:54:21 PM »
I agree that one needs a good knowledge and function check of  any weapon, and this one is probably the easiest rifle to get a good working knowledge of. The mag swap is a piece of cake, much easier and faster than the AR. And point and shoot IMO is faster also. A good AK is a damn fine rifle, not a great battle rifle, but a great 200m rifle.

That IS sarcasm, right ?    ???

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 08:09:10 PM »
There are kids in the "sand pit" that hand load brass picked up in the desert, No precision tools or dies, no precision scales, or even a Dillon press.

Yet, they can make thousands of rounds a week of ammo that WILL FIRE in the AK's 99% of the time. The AK user is not interested in precision. It is an urban rifle, to be used in close quarters, and designed to be sloppy, WHY???

So it goes BANG!!! Old ammo, old mags, dirty bore, get shoelaces with motor oil and swab the barrel and reload....

That's it. The frills and fancy were never part of the AK design.

It is the Zombie gun, and just like the pride in the 1911 platform that we have, the AK was and is holding up as one of the best rifles ever made.

Even the Romanian crap... ::)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2009, 08:12:42 PM »
2HOW's probably refering to the entire reloading process.  Not just pulling out the old mag and popping in the new one.  The charging handle on AR's is as dumb a thing as I've ever seen on a firearm (personal opinion!), and thats putting it very lightly.

My choice as best AK add on EVER.  The "lightning bolt".  BRILLIANT!  VERY FAST!!

That, a synthetic stock to fit the shooters taste, and maybe an optic. =  FIREARM PERFECTION!

Watch the video!  Love it!
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2008/11/17/ak-lightning-bolt-left-hand-side-charging-handle/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk