Author Topic: DSA FAL vs Rock River LAR8 or DPMS Panther LR-AP4  (Read 27651 times)

Badgersmilk

Re: DSA FAL vs Rock River LAR8 or DPMS Panther LR-AP4
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 03:24:03 PM »
Ahh, I don't need the cash or anything, but there's been more and more times lately I look in there and think.  Holy crap!  This has gotten a little out of hand.  And I DO like the DSA's!  ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 03:30:37 PM »
I had the Century Cetme, the G-3 is a good rifle if you don't mind the fluted chamber, but the Century's suck, they are notorious for having the sights welded on crooked.
I would buy another one from another maker but I would not consider another Century ANYTHING unless I could shoot it first.
Also the Century stock is cheap plastic crap that does not even accommodate the sling they send with it, plan on replacing the furniture out of the box.
Again, my complaint is not with the G3, it's with the crap job Century did on them.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 03:43:14 PM »
Ahh, I don't need the cash or anything, but there's been more and more times lately I look in there and think.  Holy crap!  This has gotten a little out of hand.  And I DO like the DSA's!  ;D

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Feel free to take a survey, and we'd be glad to start a "We hat Badgersmilk because ..." thread  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 03:55:32 PM »
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Feel free to take a survey, and we'd be glad to start a "We hat Badgersmilk because ..." thread  ;D
Or better yet, a "Damn Badger, you really do to need to clear out that rat's nest, let me help" thread. ;D
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 04:09:05 PM »
Or better yet, a "Damn Badger, you really do to need to clear out that rat's nest, let me help" thread. ;D
FQ13

I hate to say it, but I like FQ's idea better.
Let it be known that I will gladly provide a good home with plenty of Hoppe's 9 to any unwanted firearms  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:28:18 AM »

Badgersmilk

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 10:22:59 AM »
Here soon I do need to get some photo's of everything, if just for insurance purposes.  And maybe to show a few local dealers to.  ;)

If I do thin the herd I'm pretty sure it'll be an "All for one price" kinda thing.  If it came to individual sales I'd talk myself out of it everytime and never get rid of any of them! 

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 10:36:39 AM »
I want all three of these. You are on the same track I am. I would love a .308 battle rifle.

My vote will go to the Rock River, with the FAL in a very close second.

Either way you cant lose. And Honestly if for some reason the FAL came cheaper or with one more advantage that I would want on the rifle that I could get on the RRA I would get FAL. It is basically a tie. I just like the AR platform and Ergonomics.

I believe RRA makes a mid-length (M4) size LAR-8. Thats the one I would go for. But if you are going to be a sharp shooter or sniper for your team I would take the full size one.
Did we win???

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 08:52:31 PM »
Here soon I do need to get some photo's of everything, if just for insurance purposes.  And maybe to show a few local dealers to.  ;)

If I do thin the herd I'm pretty sure it'll be an "All for one price" kinda thing.  If it came to individual sales I'd talk myself out of it everytime and never get rid of any of them! 
Semi off topic, but BM this is a great place to sell. I've sold several guns here without  hick-up. No bounced checks, no late payments and nobody taking advantage of my money back guarantee out of buyer's remorse. I've just found a lot of honest and well informed folks who know the difference between 80% and 95% and are willing to pay accordingly, and be happy if you delivered what you promised. If you want to "thin the herd" I'd sure as hell start here rather than gunbroker.com. Its one of the reasons I like this site. I may not agree with everyone politically, but I would do business on a handshake with all of them.
FQ13

bhadden

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 05:13:32 PM »
I went through this decision a year or two ago, and ended going the DSA FAL route. Maybe a bit old school, maybe a bit heavy, maybe not as accurate, but I swayed to (my perception) old school and reliability, and it probably shoots better than I ever will. I'm happy. And I saw a LaRue Tactical box at my mother-in-law's yesterday (I've been a good boy, mostly, and had an M4 Aimpoint on my Christmas list!)  :)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 05:28:21 PM »
I went through this decision a year or two ago, and ended going the DSA FAL route. Maybe a bit old school, maybe a bit heavy, maybe not as accurate, but I swayed to (my perception) old school and reliability, and it probably shoots better than I ever will. I'm happy. And I saw a LaRue Tactical box at my mother-in-law's yesterday (I've been a good boy, mostly, and had an M4 Aimpoint on my Christmas list!)  :)
Reliability and good enough, coupled with cheap mags and easy cleaning are what you want in a battle rifle. How many 500 yard plus targets are you going to see? Could you really hit them if you had to under field conditions? For most of us, the answer is  a deafening silence. The FAL is a classic for a reason.
FQ13 who would very much like to own one

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk