Author Topic: Who Or What Can We Declare War On ?  (Read 12914 times)

Timothy

Re: Who Or What Can We Declare War On ?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 09:54:10 AM »
Which further supports my skepticism as the Church over the centuries was well known for corruption and deceit.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 585
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 10:24:34 AM »
Rastus, I'm not talking about people who have accepted Christ, but don't have all the information yet.
I'm talking about the ones who will lecture for hours on what the Bible says, and then accept an openly gay bishop,
or like myself, have heard about that "turn the other cheek" thing and rejected it as simply a good way to get hit a second time.

I understood what it was you were saying, no problem there....but it was to address the many people out there who think they know something based upon disinterested or hostile heresay at best; which was my driver for what I wrote and not a retort to you.  I also differ in that the Bible is not "in fact" unreliable, but has been found to be reliable as confirmed again and again in both past and recent archaelogical studies.   

Timothy the big thing is that God let's you believe or not.  Had it not been for more multiple miraculous occurrences in my life the Greek and Darwinian thinking would have overruled me.  It's amazing how a recent occurrence, for instance Mt. St. Helen's eruption, has changed settled science geological observations that supposedly covered millions of years to mere decades.  In fact the trumpet of slow process and ancient earth in a geological sense is being turned on it's ear time and again with event based observations that provide observable events that are exacting in matching geological records thought 10's or 100's of millions of years old.  Solid rock formed in years not millions.

We all have our choice to believe or not.  I believe and have a reason to.

I like the Geneva Bible which is what the Founders of these United States of America used...they would not have been caught dead with the King James Bible (which is still a very good translation of the Greek except for differences in English language.). 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 11:01:50 AM »
Rastus, my understanding of the Word comes from the faith in the Word and though I may be a flawed Christian and quite skeptical in my nature doesn't say that I don't believe!  I myself have searched for the ever evasive truth but I cannot believe that there is this much evil in the world without the good to balance things out.  As you say, it's not so much our belief in God but His belief in us!  I live my life as best I can and my Christian upbringing is the foundation of that life regardless of my skepticism!

;)

tombogan03884

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 11:11:57 AM »
Rastus, my understanding of the Word comes from the faith in the Word and though I may be a flawed Christian and quite skeptical in my nature doesn't say that I don't believe!  I myself have searched for the ever evasive truth but I cannot believe that there is this much evil in the world without the good to balance things out.  As you say, it's not so much our belief in God but His belief in us!  I live my life as best I can and my Christian upbringing is the foundation of that life regardless of my skepticism!

;)

Even atheists, though they would never admit it, are CULTURALLY influenced by Judeo-Christian philosophy.
You don't see them beheading people who hate Obama, or working on Dec 25th.
Come to think of it, that might be the way to shut them up about banning crosses and prayers.
Fine, we won't pray, you don't get Christmas bonus's or holidays  ;D

Timothy

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 11:15:55 AM »
Even atheists, though they would never admit it, are CULTURALLY influenced by Judeo-Christian philosophy.
You don't see them beheading people who hate Obama, or working on Dec 25th.
Come to think of it, that might be the way to shut them up about banning crosses and prayers.
Fine, we won't pray, you don't get Christmas bonus's or holidays  ;D

I only know one atheist (that I know of) and he hates everybody!  He plays no favorites... ;D

He also gets x-mas off every year without complaint!

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 09:05:21 PM »

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 12:13:01 PM »
I'm talking about the ones who will lecture for hours on what the Bible says, and then accept an openly gay bishop,
or like myself, have heard about that "turn the other cheek" thing and rejected it as simply a good way to get hit a second time.

Reading a parable or a metaphor and taking it literally is a mistake IMHO.

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

tombogan03884

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 12:45:00 PM »
Reading a parable or a metaphor and taking it literally is a mistake IMHO.

True enough, but rather than "turn the other cheek" the one I put my faith in is "f*ck me once shame on you, f*ck me twice, shame on me"

Here's 2 related parables for you,
Never look a gift horse in the mouth
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts

FQ will probably get the joke .    ;D

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 03:42:43 PM »
True enough, but rather than "turn the other cheek" the one I put my faith in is "f*ck me once shame on you, f*ck me twice, shame on me"

He ain't the only one! ;D
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 04:20:52 PM »

I like that one me own self.  ;)

;D ;D
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 04:34:38 PM »
Tom, important safety tip! Don't turn that other cheek to the Greeks bearing gifts, its a trap! Bastards! ;D
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk