Author Topic: I am in deep trouble  (Read 14617 times)

JdePietro

• M14 Patterned Protagonist
  • Top Forum Member
  • "Neither Spare nor Dispose"
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I am in deep trouble
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 10:30:44 AM »
Well it had to happen sooner or later...

Yesterday I took her to work because of the snow we got the night before. Got breakfast and stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods and actually found a box of Hornaday Critical Defense in 9mm. She has been dying to get her hands on them so I picked up a box and then enjoyed free wi-fi at Borders since she had a short shift. When she was done I took her to lunch and gave her the box of ammo which made her excited.

I figured since I had earned a cache of browning points I was in a good position. I explaned to her my misfortune with the AR and how I had honestly tried everything I could think of to break even. All the while she stared at me. I explaned myself as articulately as I could not letting one chance slip by to say I made out on a bad deal. She was not amused to say the least, she said I have a problem and that I need some sort of twelve step program. All in all her reaction was not that bad, when we got home she made me go get it and actually played with it for a little bit. She got mad when I showed her the moon clips and said that she wished her old snubby had them.

That was it, so either she is bottling up the rage to be released at a later date or she genuenly does not care.

How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
-Henry David Thoreau

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 895
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 10:42:46 AM »
No blood, but also not talk of sex, so I'd call it a wash ... Best any of us can hope for  ;)

Start building them brownie points again, because you're going to need them!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 10:44:28 AM »
Assume the bottle up rage position, she is, afterall, a woman!

;)

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 10:48:09 AM »
Assume the bottle up rage position, she is, afterall, a woman!

;)

+1 well said Tim!  ;D
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Johnny Bravo

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 11:41:11 AM »
You were able to come clean and it didn't turn out bad. Still keep your head down and your nose clean. Good luck and this tape self destructs in 5 seconds.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 01:27:06 AM »

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 12:03:20 PM »
Hint for next time.

1) Use your computer to make up some stationary for the Lower Provincetown Rod and Gun Club.

2) Send yourself a letter from John Doe, President of said gun club notifing you on winning the firearm in question in the club raffle.

3) Mail said letter to your home adress.

4) Open said letter in front of girl friend or wife. It's better if the wife opens it herself.

5) Act stunned and say," Well after all these years of buying raffle tickets I finally won something!"

6) Bring home said firearm.

7) Be very carefull who you tell the plan to.

This will work once. I can swear to that.

No I did not do it but did come up with the idea for a buddy. ;D

Bit my lip when buddys wife went on about how lucky her husband was to win a Ruger shotgun.

Friends are friends and pals are pals but buddies stick together.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 12:03:59 PM »
Well it had to happen sooner or later...

Yesterday I took her to work because of the snow we got the night before. Got breakfast and stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods and actually found a box of Hornaday Critical Defense in 9mm. She has been dying to get her hands on them so I picked up a box and then enjoyed free wi-fi at Borders since she had a short shift. When she was done I took her to lunch and gave her the box of ammo which made her excited.

I figured since I had earned a cache of browning points I was in a good position. I explaned to her my misfortune with the AR and how I had honestly tried everything I could think of to break even. All the while she stared at me. I explaned myself as articulately as I could not letting one chance slip by to say I made out on a bad deal. She was not amused to say the least, she said I have a problem and that I need some sort of twelve step program. All in all her reaction was not that bad, when we got home she made me go get it and actually played with it for a little bit. She got mad when I showed her the moon clips and said that she wished her old snubby had them.

That was it, so either she is bottling up the rage to be released at a later date or she genuenly does not care.

HINT HINT!  Get 'er dun!   ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 12:26:39 PM »
I think That Wish her old snubby had moon clips thing just means SHE got a new revolver in trade for your new AR.  ;D
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 895
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 12:30:30 PM »
Didn't think of it right off, but Haz hit it on the head.  I made a call to my gunsmith, but he is gone for the week.  However, if I remember correctly converting a cyl. for moon clips is not very spendy.  I'd jump all over that one if I were you!!!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2009, 01:11:23 PM »
Well saved! You get to live. My advice is to be johnny on the spot for any household chores for a bit. Don't wait till she asks, anticipate. Plus, given that she sounds like a very cool woman, if she does take you out, leave us her phone nmber in your will. ;)
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk