Author Topic: Michael's Fashion Question  (Read 18800 times)

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Michael's Fashion Question
« on: December 26, 2007, 03:15:03 PM »
This from the blog:

Okay, I need some critical fashion advice here. First quarter 2008 I'll start filming new episodes of SG and DOWN RANGE videos for the next year.

For the last 7 seasons, I've been a Tactical Slut, wearing gear from Sig-Tac. When I started wearing the stuff, I was the only guy who didn't dress in Safari Slut-wear, as in, "I say, James, could you please have the wog hand me the Purdy?"

Now everybody on three networks is in Tactical Slut-wear, and I'm thinking I need a change. I did get one of the Wilderness Tactical Sonoran shirts, which is like post-modern tactical slut-wear, for Christmas and I got to thinking that might rock with the SG and DR logos embroidered on.

http://store.thewilderness.com/index.php?cPath=57

I may have some embroidered up for SHOT and wear them to parties. I suppose I could always go to one of the Cabela's canvas shirts or something from Duluth Trading...I don't know.

What do you think?

Though I'd ask you all to chime in. Whatever I decide, we'll pick a couple of Forum members and give you custom embroidered copies  of the winning shirt!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Michael's Fashion Question
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 03:43:21 PM »
Michael, try to get Sig or Wilderness or 5-11 to make a "tactical shirt" out of really wild Hawaiian print.  The Wilderness prints seem a little dull based on the pictures on the web site.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

howlrwy

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 04:00:27 PM »
This from the blog:

Though I'd ask you all to chime in. Whatever I decide, we'll pick a couple of Forum members and give you custom embroidered copies  of the winning short!

Michael B

Personally, though I enjoy going to Cabela's, I don't like the way they are ignoring the sports folks in favor of just turning big profits now that the brothers sold the store, so I say no to that shirt.  I like some of the ones at thewilderness.  These would be more useful for every day wear for folks who carry and don't want to advertise it (as we shouldn't).  That would be my leaning, go with some of those.

NRA Life Member

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 05:48:21 PM »
This is my everday shirt in khaki http://www.sierrapacificapparel.com/twill-shirt-manufacturer-maker.htm#product

MB, the yelllow duck would look good on Cabernet, Skye or Forest.

However, khaki shirt and jeans trumps all.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 07:20:15 PM »
AS I was perusing...did you pick that one because it's three for $105 and not $40 each....did your sweetie input on this??

OK, OK...I'll lighten up, "hows abouts" the Kon Tiki when dressed up on assignment like the Shot Show, etc. and the Green Sago for the other shows?

Then again....you could do a one-of-a-kind blue w/red splash patter from Tactical Solutions......like the Ultimate 10/22.

OK...crawling back into my hole now.......
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:22:50 AM »

red rider

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 07:42:04 PM »
Wear what you like, I tune in for the guns anyway. But, since you asked, I like the shirt shown above and the one called "dawn kokopelli". An added benefit of the printed shirts is that it breaks up the "print" of the big gun crammed into an IWB holster.

ssgtos

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 08:02:36 PM »
My vote is also for the wild Hawaiian shirts.  There one of my favorites.  If you could get a Hawaiian Tactical shirt, that would be a combination of two of my favorite things.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 08:27:55 PM »
My vote is also for the wild Hawaiian shirts.  There one of my favorites.  If you could get a Hawaiian Tactical shirt, that would be a combination of two of my favorite things.

+1 on the Hawaiian look.  I agree with the "every one is wearing tactical" line.  That is looking really passé.  I have always thought we (gunnies) need to look as much like the masses as possible.  Don't want to scream GUN by what you wear.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

WymoreWrangler

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 09:09:42 PM »
Get the common man look, go get some Rigg's work shirts from Wrangler....

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 09:23:24 PM »
How about some "Vote for Hillary" t shirts ;D, Of course with a big X on it ;)
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk