Author Topic: "REMINGTON Model 700 UNDER FIRE: A CNBC INVESTIGATION"  (Read 32034 times)

tombogan03884

Re: "REMINGTON Model 700 UNDER FIRE: A CNBC INVESTIGATION"
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2010, 08:55:13 PM »
One nonpolitical/commercial reminder here.
If any of the four basic safety rules had been applied there would have been embarrassing holes maybe, but no injuries.
Most of us with any experience have screwed up somehow at some point, I'll bet there are a lot of small round holes in things that got there by "I don't know  ::)  ".
So any excuse is a good reason to remind ourselves that if the weapon is proven to be empty, OPEN THE ACTION AND LOOK, and, NEVER POINTED AT ANYTHING YOU DO NOT WANT TO DESTROY OR KILL, even if it does function with out a finger on the trigger, you only hear a click.

Even if all you do is just NEVER let your muzzle sweep anything but the target, just one of 4 most basic safety rules, you could use a trigger designed by a homicidal maniac and never hurt a soul.
No matter the mechanics the ultimate safety of any thing is between our ears.

VA_GUN_MAN

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2010, 10:13:02 PM »
hi, new to this website/forum. just thot id throw my 2 cents into the fray. having worked in the firearms business off and on for 20+ years now the ONLY times ive seen issues with accidental discharges on the remington 700's is the older style (where you had to take safety off to operate bolt) that had either A. trigger work done to them (to lighten the trigger pull) or B. weren't kept clean (as in actually taking the firearm off the stock and cleaning the trigger assembly as well as safety mechanism). anyway, just wanted to pass along my actual expieriences with the model 700's and accidental discharges. me personally ive owned well over 30 remington 700's in many different calibers and have never had an issue with any of them other than the occassional and rare lack of accuracy, and that was only 2-3 rifles.

breezzer99

• Active Forum Member
  • trust your finger it says I twitch you die
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2010, 01:12:36 PM »
I have had few rem 700's anmd I never had a one with any mech problems. And hope never do!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk