Author Topic: Every Day Carry Knife - what do you carry  (Read 48692 times)

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Every Day Carry Knife - what do you carry
« on: January 26, 2011, 11:00:38 AM »
An idea from the other thread, post a pic of your every day carry knife.
Dont matter if its your Grand Pappy's pearl handled pen knife or the latest SOG tactical post a pic and tell us a little about it, for eg Brand, model, particular significance to you (inherited, saved for a year for it, skun your first squirrel etc), price paid (if you want), why you carry.

OK I have uploaded pic of my everyday carry, it goes wth me everywhere except to the airport - thats a NO NO LOL
Mine is a Boker Jim Wagner Reality Based Blade in a drop point style. You can get other more tactical types however this suits my needs just fine. I carry this although I know its not exactly legal, I carry it because its practical too, ie I can open it one handed with a minimal of fuss, perfect when you have your hands full, ie fishing and besides its nifty and easy to use. The whole hype about being dangerous is one perpertrated by the same nuts that carry on about firearms. In reality most stabbings occur by some lowlife who uses a stolen steak knife from a discount store. (rant over)

It features:
• Action: Push Button Automatic Conversion w/Safety
• Blade Material: AUS8A Stainless Steel
• Blade Style: Drop Point
• Blade Finish: Black Coated
• Handle Material: Machined Aluminum
• Locking Mechanism: Plunge Lock
• Carry Method: Black Removeable Reversible
  Pocket Clip
• Includes Interchangeable Glass Breaker Tip
  and False Writing Pen
• Complete with Lanyard Hole

Measurements:
• Blade Length: 3.25"
• Handle Length: 7.5"
• Overall Open Length: 7.75"
• Weight 3.6oz.

I have other autos but this is my favourite, it fits my hand great. Its light and seems very good quality despite it being presumably assembled in taiwan or china? It doesnt say where. The knife itself was given to me from a good internet friend in Oz. These type of knives are totally illegal in oz unless you have a collectors permit and even so you are not allowed to carry them, hell you cant carry a pocket knife with out a genuine reason. Guess what i reckon about that  ;D
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Every Day Carry Knife - what do you carry
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 11:06:53 AM »
I have a "Stone Jack" auto with a 2.5 inch blade.

http://www.bladeops.com/StoneJack-Black-Handle-Auto-Knife-p/sdssb587b.htm
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 11:09:55 AM »
Right now I carry a Spyderco Endura Wave (http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=226).  It is a little large as a tool but I'm sure I'll think it a little small if I need to use it as a weapon.  As an added bonus, the Emerson opening feature comes in handy when you forget a bottle opener.   ;D

rat31465

• Jack of all Trades, Master of none.
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 11:35:17 AM »
I feel kinda responsible for this thread so here are my entries...... ;D
I carried this SpyderCo GIN-1 for more than 15 years and put it into a semi-retired stage a couple of years ago.
The picture really doesn't do it justice as there is a lot of genuine user wear on it.  
Ask me how the serrations on the blade got all messed up..?

A buddy gave me this Smith & Wesson CK-70 ExtremeOps...which is now my daily carry knife.

I also have an Old Timer I carry occasionally when the bigger combat folder knife isn't an acceptable option. She's rough and Old..but holds a good edge...the sharper pointed main blade is my Splinter picking blade.
"Get yourself a Glock and Lose that Nickle Plated Sissy Pistol."
Sam Gerard

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 11:46:58 AM »

Meyerco Tactical Folder Part Serr. 4 1/2" closed linerlock. 440 stainless bead blast finish partially serrated blade with thumb slot. OD green G-10 handles with reversible stainless pocket clip.

reasonably priced and I have carried it for many years without any problems.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:37:07 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »
Kerwsaw saclion or leek.  depending on the day.

1 hand operation= great

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 02:02:18 PM »
I don't have pics, but I carry either a cheap  imitation gerber plastic handled 1 3/4"  pocket knife or a Spyderco Delica half serated. You all know what they look like. The virtue of the  faux-Gerber is that its small and the handle has holes in it. This makes it easy to wash out salt, sand and crud as its my primary fishing knife. The Delica I got for about $30 on ebay. I love that knife. I cannot say enough good about it. Its big enough to be useful as a utility knife whether its for camp chores, taking down a box or last ditch SD. At 2 7/8" its also legal pretty much anywhere sane.
FQ13

ricco

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 02:52:59 PM »
Spyderco P'Kal or Emerson Kerambit.

riss61

• Forum Member
    • Graplryz - grappling martial arts and self defense
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 03:26:48 PM »
I have a Smith & Wesson Kerambit I carry in my right pocket and a 5.11 Tarani Tanto that I carry in my left pocket. For a while I carried a little Smith & Wesson tanto, and I still love that knife becuase it's some compaact and useful.

Timothy

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 03:59:04 PM »
Kershaw Ken Onion Scallion with spring assist thumb opening.  They don't make them anymore in that model.  Had it about five years I'd guess.  A bit small, might look into the Spyderco...

Had a problem, called Kershaw and a nice young lady had the parts in the mail that day and two days later, I had the parts and a special screw driver to disassemble and reassemble the knife and correct the issue.  Lifetime Guarantee like a Zippo lighter or a Swiss Army knife.  I also have several SA Knives around here somewhere, one I've had for twenty years or so.  I also have an old Barlow from about 1963 that my dad gave me when I was about 8 or 9.......

No pics....too lazy today, more snow to shovel...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk