Author Topic: Some New Tactical Goodies  (Read 4679 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Some New Tactical Goodies
« on: February 01, 2011, 08:42:25 AM »

62" Tac-Force Sniper Drag Bag

Bravo Company Bolt Carrier Group & Large Latch Charging Handle

Tru-Glo 6-24X 44 MM Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticule Scope & Brownell's 3/8" Dovetail to Weaver Base Mounts

If any of you are looking for a really nice LARGE sniper style drag bag, this 62" model from Tac-Force is a great buy for the money. I paid right around $135.00 delivered. I took a picture of it with my 52" Midway Drag Bag in front of it so you can get a better size comparison of it. My Bushmaster BA-50, .50 BMG can easily fit in it. It even has cartridge loops for .50 BMG shells inside one of the zippered compartments. Construction is top shelf with very large, heavy duty zippers used throughout. I bought it for my Savage Model 12-F/TR which has a 30" barrel. It could easily get lost inside this case.

I took a quick pic of my Bravo Company Mil-Spec Bolt Carrier Group and Large Latch Gunfighter Charging Handle as it came from the box. BCM packages these things in a thick, tough, hermetically sealed plastic bags. The finish on their stuff is very well applied, and reflects top quality throughout.

Last up is a Tru-Glo 6-24X 44 MM Tactical Scope with Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticule. This thing really surprised the hell out of me. Yes, it's manufactured in China, but for $59.00 the quality and clarity is amazing. I wanted something a little better than the old Weaver 70's series "V-22" Model that I had on it, and this Tru-Glo really fit the bill nicely.

Another thing I went with were these excellent 3/8" Dovetail to Weaver Bases from Brownell's. I can't recommend these enough. I never liked 3/8" Dovetail .22 mounts. They are weak and flimsy. This is a really good way to get around them. These bases from Brownell's are machined very nicely, and with a little patience and care, slide right on and tighten down firmly with the 4 Allen head screws provided. It really makes a nice, strong, level platform to mount a nice scope to. The rings are Burris Signature Zee Rings with the plastic inserts I had an extra set of, so I thought I'd put them to good use. They worked out really well for this application. Yeah, the scope is a bit large for the gun, but this thing should really make a nice target rifle out to 100 yards with this scope. We're supposed to have wind for the next couple of days, so I won't be getting out with it until perhaps Friday. If I do I'll try and get a range report up with some targets.  Bill T.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: Some New Tactical Goodies
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 10:49:52 AM »
More reasons to visit Billt's gun room while he and Mel are out for supper  ;D ;D ;D

Only question I have is the seven pound optics on a six pound gun  ::)  Is that thing so you can see what the bullet will never reach?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 12:48:30 PM »
Only question I have is the seven pound optics on a six pound gun.

It's only 24 ounces. The whole rig comes in at around 7 pounds, give or take. The last 8" is a long Sun shade. Without it the scope ends at the white numerals on the front, and looks more proportionate. With the long shade it really helps the illuminated reticule stand out.  Bill T.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 03:53:56 PM »
Plan on shooting flies OFF squirrels? That's a big momma jomma scope.

The BCM stuff is good stuff.

Congratulations.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

breezzer99

• Active Forum Member
  • trust your finger it says I twitch you die
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 09:20:04 AM »
lol nice marlin but could see it due to scopes shadow lol

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:46:39 AM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 11:47:17 AM »
That's an awfully small rifle to mount a grenade launcher on.
It's WHAT?... oh...
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

bsmith_shoot

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 06:59:09 PM »
BCM makes some of the finest weapons and components available. I use their bcg's in all my rifles, and have mod4 charging handles on em too. They make the finest uppers on the market in my opinion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk