Author Topic: Didn't Get the Memo on Wolf Ammo!  (Read 15417 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Didn't Get the Memo on Wolf Ammo!
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 01:28:05 AM »
I've never had problems with Wolf in any of my handguns or rifles.

That said, would you go out and buy a new ZR-1 Corvette and then find the cheapest, nastiest gasoline you could find to put in it?  Why do people spend a fortune on guns and then go cheap on ammo??

Cuz we spent all our money on the gun  ;D

AppleSeed

• AppleSeed
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 07:35:37 PM »
   Hey twyacht, the Sig is a great gun,(got one myself), had very similar problems with the Wolf. I also could see the marks on the rear of the casing. I think it is a combination of low power/new gun - polymer coating. Good luck with better ammo. One good thing - more time to aim!

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 08:00:26 PM »
I truly hope you get that SIG running good. I meant no voodoo on you . God bless man . I just  have a different look at it. All my  best     JAN
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

AR 15 Rep

• Forum Member
  • Quality M-16 and AR-15, Mil spec parts, U.S. mfg.
    • M-16 Parts.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 09:16:42 PM »
Wolf ammo has had its praises and nightmares, I wouldn't use it based on the many nightmare reports.  A while ago there were reports the casing would leave a residue and gum up in a hot rifle.  Problems like that...I don't need, I don't need a guessing game on whether the rifle will run or not.

Lucas

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 12:34:11 AM »
Amen!!!
By the ring of our swords, and the flash of our cannons, they will know that We Are Free

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:02:49 AM »

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 08:40:59 PM »
Wolf ammo has had its praises and nightmares, I wouldn't use it based on the many nightmare reports.  A while ago there were reports the casing would leave a residue and gum up in a hot rifle.  Problems like that...I don't need, I don't need a guessing game on whether the rifle will run or not.
  guess you didn't see my post, this is BS it never happened, the lacquer never melted into the chamber. look it up.

AR 15 Rep

• Forum Member
    • M-16 Parts.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 11:37:10 AM »
If it never happened then why were so many complaining about it.  Also remember why the U.S. Military still uses a brass casing rather than a steel casing as used in the wolf ammo.  also keep in mind that the wolf ammo is coated to prevent corrosion, could that coating become a problem??

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 11:56:09 AM »
If it never happened then why were so many complaining about it.  Also remember why the U.S. Military still uses a brass casing rather than a steel casing as used in the wolf ammo.  also keep in mind that the wolf ammo is coated to prevent corrosion, could that coating become a problem??

Why do they use Brass, I assumed it had to do with manufacturing but never really gave it much thought.

AR 15 Rep

• Forum Member
    • M-16 Parts.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 01:15:04 PM »
Here is the info from WIKIPEDIA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casing_(ammunition)

One of the other advantages is that brass is pliable enough to not wear on the steel of the barrel.  IE you can tap on steel with a brass hammer and the hammer will show the wear and become malformed.  But if you use a steel hammer on steel they both show wear and will become malformed.

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 01:42:22 PM »
Read this article and it will explain about what is happening in chambers and to Brass ans steel case rounds.   http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu18.htm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk