Author Topic: Springfield Armory XD(m) 5.25  (Read 14054 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Springfield Armory XD(m) 5.25
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »
one thing I like about the xdms is, you don't have to pull the trigger to take the gun apart.  No other striker fired gun has that( that I know of anyways) 

While yes its a very small thing, and if you fallow the safety rules its no big deal, but what if you have a malfunction and you need to take the gun apart.?  There is als those that don't fallow the safety rules... tons of them out there.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2011, 01:46:17 PM »
Saw one for sale today at the gun show.   $699.   I guess that's about right compared to a G34 when you consider the aftermarket stuff you'd need for the Glock.

I'm thinking I'll suffer with my XD tactical for awhile longer.   Though it would be nice.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2011, 06:31:10 PM »
My appoligies if the pic dosen't come first atempt to post attachment.
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2011, 11:33:06 AM »
one thing I like about the xdms is, you don't have to pull the trigger to take the gun apart.  No other striker fired gun has that( that I know of anyways)  

While yes its a very small thing, and if you fallow the safety rules its no big deal, but what if you have a malfunction and you need to take the gun apart.?  There is als those that don't fallow the safety rules... tons of them out there.

You can take a Glock apart without pulling the trigger....it is just a little bit more complicated....and would be extremely risky with a round in the chamber.

You lock the slide open, then just in front of the striker extension you will see a black sleeve.  Move the sleeve forward with a small pin and you can then remove the back plate which allows you to remove the striker and slide.

Basically you are following the disassemble procedure for the slide before removing it from the frame.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2011, 12:40:52 PM »
I know a few people were waiting for the 45ACP 5.25 to make Major, I hadn't heard (may have been because of the choas of late) that it was out and stumbled on one at the gun show last weekend. 
My mouth fell open and must have been obvious as the guy behind the counter pounced... never been so tempted....
He who dares wins.  SAS

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 03:13:41 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2011, 02:01:42 PM »
I know a few people were waiting for the 45ACP 5.25 to make Major, I hadn't heard (may have been because of the choas of late) that it was out and stumbled on one at the gun show last weekend. 
My mouth fell open and must have been obvious as the guy behind the counter pounced... never been so tempted....

This is your conscience   >:(
This is your conscience with an XD (m) .45   ;D

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2011, 11:03:57 PM »
This is your conscience   >:(
This is your conscience with an XD (m) .45   ;D
I've bought an XDM in .45 with my Christmas money, wife was NOT happy.  But I want a 5.25" for shooting competitions in the future.  :D  Maybe with my Christmas money this year.  But I need an AR, a 9mm for the girls to shoot, a 22 handgun for the girls to shoot, and don't forget the shot gun needs sights and a light.  I need a plan....
He who dares wins.  SAS

tombogan03884

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2011, 11:05:33 PM »
It's easier to get forgiveness than to get permission.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2011, 03:39:38 AM »
Not around my house...I get neither!  LOL

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2011, 08:24:17 AM »
Not around my house...I get neither!  LOL

Richard

One way you end up with no permission and no forgiveness.

The other way you end up with no permission and no forgiveness and with an XDM .45

I see an advantage in one course of action.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk