Author Topic: Pincus on Sub-Compact 1911's  (Read 24673 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 892
Re: Pincus on Sub-Compact 1911's
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2012, 09:46:12 PM »
You are going to need better bait than that to get someone to respond to such banal trolling, boy.

Thanks for playing and please accept this home version of the game as a consolation prize.

Ichiban,

I will poke a new poster until they are confirmed trolls.  It is kinda like shooting skunks - I shoot them all day long ... until I miss the head shot on one and it sprays before it dies  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2012, 10:13:24 PM »
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 06:40:44 AM »
HAHAHA!
TWillis...lives under the bridge.
Funny stuff.
No comment.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 12:27:20 PM »
Sometimes you just carry 1911 pattern pistols because you've shot the things so many times it's hard-wired into you system. I just bought a Colt 9mm Defender, which went through the Colt Custom Shop for basic work.

I'll let you know how it runs when it arrives!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1061
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 12:35:38 PM »
Sometimes you just carry 1911 pattern pistols because you've shot the things so many times it's hard-wired into you system. I just bought a Colt 9mm Defender, which went through the Colt Custom Shop for basic work.

Michael B

It'll probably run like crap......  ;) ........ so, I'll just be glad to take it off your hands to.....you know........to try and get it to "straighten up" and act right........... LOL
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 06:41:38 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 01:44:57 PM »
I grew up shooting revolvers single action, the trigger on the 1911 feels more natural so it is easier for me to maintain proper trigger control.
If I WERE going to buy a DA/striker fired pistol it would most likely be a G 20.
Any one who criticizes other peoples choices of fire arms with out some idea of their particular situation or intentions is either an idiot or a troll.

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 07:23:24 PM »
Any one who criticizes other peoples choices of fire arms with out some idea of their particular situation or intentions is either an idiot or a troll.

Where is your sense of magnanimity, Tom?  Surely TWillis can be both simultaneously.   :o

tombogan03884

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 07:30:11 PM »
Where is your sense of magnanimity, Tom?  Surely TWillis can be both simultaneously.   :o

If he were both the Billy goats would have got him.  ;D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 892
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 10:43:47 PM »

Michael B

So is it a  Gucci or Prada   ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TWillis

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2012, 01:12:55 AM »
Hey I didn't join to start a fight. 8)  But maybe I did come out of the gate with the flame thrower on high. It just my personal experiences with the 1911 that has really soured me on them. A member of gun owner from Gen 1.0 the first handgun I ever bought was an original Colt Delta Elite with the comp bushing I just couldn't pass it up even though I was just starting out in my first crummy duplex apartment at my first real stable job hell I think I even sold plasma to help  pay it off, lean times.  I soon found it to be slightly unreliable at times frustratingly unreliable at others later. I still have it 12 years later and now know what was wrong with it the dual recoil springs were going bad and the old colt mags were worn out this was back when getting colt mags was darn near impossible for someone not on the net. However even now that its "fixed" every 400 to 500 rounds I'll have a type 2 or 3 malfunction and I just chalk it up to being a colt that hasn't went to a gunsmith yet. what really killed me on 1911's though was an incident that happened @ that duplex a low IQ disabled man who had seizures lived next door. To get free drugs he let two brother crash and sling drugs out of his apartment. I didn't really care cause I was never there I worked for an oilfield company that paid 10 buck an hour but gave you the opportunity  to work 200 hrs in a week. So one morning I wake up start making breakfast and hear my neighbors door get kicked in apparently some biker guys old lady had ran off with one of the drug dealing brothers and he was pissed.  The walls were paper thin and I heard every single word of how he (and others) were going to kill every body, where was she, were was he, you all gonna die Is she next door At this point I was behind concealment with my delta elite because it was closest  to me when it hit the fan. All of the sudden all those malfunctions started flashing before my eyes. I run for the closet for my Winchester 1300 (14th birthday present) and was just loading in some turkey loads when I heard the first shot, one more shot and then the slinging of gravel as they burned rubber out of there like Charlie Daniels Uneasy Rider. I later learned there was four of them and they had shoot in the air as they got in their car. It was a pivotal life changing moment for me and I thought about that situation obsessively over the next few years like a mental stress ball exploring my options and what I could have done, was prepared to do and could have done differently. Lesson number one I learned is best summed up by Michael Bane's grandfather "Don't own no gun that don't go bang" every time bar none end of story. Come to think of it wasn't his gun a colt too? That's why I don't bow down at the altar of the 1911. I don't have a history in sport shooting I didn't grow up with them I came to them with a blank slate as a youth part of gen 1.0 but as an adult more gen 2.0 looking at everything with a jaundiced eye towards reliability taking only that which truly works. That's why I now have a G20 & G29 which I came to reluctantly after trying just about every other 10 out there. I should have started there I'd have saved a ton of money on guns I shot to pieces. To give you an idea of what I'm talking about I decided to keep a log and not clean my gun until I had a failure. 8 months and over 2700 rounds later I had a failure to extract when the extracter slipped off the rim. One run of a bore snake and it was 500 rounds later when I broke down and busted out the old Hoppes #9.That's every time for me. P.S. When I first saw the Colt Defender the first thing that sprang to mind was wouldn't it be cool if it had an XS Big Dot buried in that trough !!! 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk