Author Topic: Magpul P-Mags  (Read 31162 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Magpul P-Mags
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 09:07:19 AM »
But, but, the $90 dollar P-mags are "vintage" a collectible reminder of an important  and epochal event in American history. I couldn't sell them for less than $150 each. ;D ;D

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 09:09:50 AM »
But, but, the $90 dollar P-mags are "vintage" a collectible reminder of an important  and epochal event in American history. I couldn't sell them for less than $150 each. ;D ;D

Well, at least $100.00 a piece.

http://www.outdoorfree.com/ads/10-magpul-pmag-black-magazine-ar15/

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »
Just for those who may be interested, a quick heads up. Man Venture Outpost has 30 round P-Mags, (black Gen 2, no window or dust cover), for just $10.18 each. They are showing literally thousands in stock. I've dealt with them on many occasions, and they're top notch all the way.

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/products/Magpul-Industries-Mag-PMAG-223-Rem-556NATO-30Rd-Black-AR-Rifles-MAG571%252dBLK.html

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 05:11:25 PM »
Thirty rounders are fairly common in stores I've been to recently. Twenty rounders are what I've had trouble finding. There are several advantages I've found to twenty rounders such as bench shooting, confined spaces like a vehicle, and less ammo waste during practice. Don't get me wrong, I like my 30s a lot too. I already have a suitable amount of both, but you can never have enough. I paid regular prices (I'm a long way from paying stupid prices for them) for 4 20s and 2 30s. I can't buy billt numbers of stuff.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 06:15:51 PM »
Thirty rounders are fairly common in stores I've been to recently. Twenty rounders are what I've had trouble finding. There are several advantages I've found to twenty rounders such as bench shooting, confined spaces like a vehicle, and less ammo waste during practice. Don't get me wrong, I like my 30s a lot too. I already have a suitable amount of both, but you can never have enough. I paid regular prices (I'm a long way from paying stupid prices for them) for 4 20s and 2 30s. I can't buy billt numbers of stuff.

I'm having difficulty locating 20 rounders as well. Also, .308 P-Mags are all but non existent. I think one of the biggest reasons for this is they used all of their available molding presses to produce 30 round magazines since right after the Newtown shooting. Demand for 30 round magazines went off the chart, and the supply that was on hand at the time was gone in just days. Now that supply is finally starting to catch up with demand, perhaps we'll see 20 round P-Mags soon.

I prefer 20 round for most range sessions also. They don't cause any interference by hitting the bench and such when you're sighting in, or shooting off a rest. One thing I've done is aquire a good supply of the "Ranger Plates". I've installed them on many of my Magpul magazines. I just need to find some for the .308 P-Mags.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:44:14 AM »

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 07:30:02 PM »
Brownell's has 20 round pmags. They're regular price, though

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 08:14:54 PM »
Bud's Gun Shop has 30 round pmags for $14, gen 2 window, in FDE and black
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

DanPatWork

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 08:26:14 PM »
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Firearm-Components/Magazines-Clips%7C/pc/104792580/c/104717880/sc/104442480/Magpul-PMag-20-LR/1318840.uts?destination=/catalog/browse/shooting-firearm-components-magazines-clips/_/N-1100238/&avad=48247_c4a8d2a9&WT.mc_id=al35987&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF

This shows in stock today from slick deals. 20Rd Pmag LR for 7.62 NATO

I'm having difficulty locating 20 rounders as well. Also, .308 P-Mags are all but non existent. I think one of the biggest reasons for this is they used all of their available molding presses to produce 30 round magazines since right after the Newtown shooting. Demand for 30 round magazines went off the chart, and the supply that was on hand at the time was gone in just days. Now that supply is finally starting to catch up with demand, perhaps we'll see 20 round P-Mags soon.

I prefer 20 round for most range sessions also. They don't cause any interference by hitting the bench and such when you're sighting in, or shooting off a rest. One thing I've done is aquire a good supply of the "Ranger Plates". I've installed them on many of my Magpul magazines. I just need to find some for the .308 P-Mags.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2013, 12:19:20 PM »
DPW, thanks for the heads up!!   ;D
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 09:51:59 AM »
I received my new gen m3 pmag 20 round mags. They appear to be up to Magpul's usual high standards. Unfortunately, the redesign makes them no longer line up with the the front and rear grips. They have a slight curve that makes them a little longer instead of the original straight design. The bottom point is now flush with the rear grip instead of a little above it. I think they will ultimately do what I want them to as they are still much shorter than 30s.

This probably isn't as big a deal as I'm making it, but I'm disappointed that they've been lengthened.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk