Author Topic: Magpul P-Mags  (Read 31144 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Magpul P-Mags
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 11:55:34 AM »
This probably isn't as big a deal as I'm making it, but I'm disappointed that they've been lengthened.

Can you possibly post a pic? I'm interested to see why they changed anything. It's not like they didn't feed correctly. They are the most trouble free magazines I ever stuck into an AR-15.

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 12:16:48 PM »
Can you possibly post a pic? I'm interested to see why they changed anything. It's not like they didn't feed correctly. They are the most trouble free magazines I ever stuck into an AR-15.

I should be able to do that. It may be this afternoon or tomorrow.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 02:50:26 PM »
Thanks.

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Magpul P-Mags (requested pictures)
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 09:28:47 AM »
Pictures comparing gen m2 and gen m3 pmag 20, as requested by billt.

The first picture is a side by side comparison of the two mags with the m2 on the left and the m3 on the right.

The second picture is of the m2 inserted into the rifle.  (I really like the line created by this setup.)

The third picture is of the m3 inserted into the rifle.  (This should still work fine with a bipod, etc. but I don't like it quite as well.)

If anyone would like a different angle or comparison, please let me know.

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2013, 09:39:21 AM »
Second picture.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 01:46:54 AM »

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2013, 09:39:42 AM »
Third picture.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2013, 09:45:25 AM »
Thanks a ton MKM for taking the time to do this. I'm really surprised at how much longer they are. Although they don't look it when inserted into the weapon. The curve I can somewhat understand. But with that said I've never had a FTF in ANY Mag-Pul 20 round P-Mag ever. Pretty hard to improve on 100% reliability. I'll for sure pick up several when they become available. I'm thinking the follower must be longer, and of a different type. As soon as I get one, I'll pull it apart and check. I put Ranger Plates on all of mine anyway. Thanks again.

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2013, 09:49:16 AM »
Thanks a ton MKM for taking the time to do this. I'm really surprised at how much longer they are. Although they don't look it when inserted into the weapon. The curve I can somewhat understand. But with that said I've never had a FTF or FTE in ANY Mag-Pul 20 round P-Mag ever. Pretty hard to improve on 100% reliability. I'll for sure pick up several when they become available. I'm thinking the follower must be longer, and of a different type. As soon as I get one, I'll pull it apart and check. I put Ranger Plates on all of mine anyway. Thanks again.

You're very welcome.  Sorry, they are in three separate posts.  I couldn't get them all in one.  Just so you know, Ranger Plates don't currently fit gen m3 pmags.  The base slides off backwards instead of forward.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2013, 09:52:03 AM »
Just so you know, Ranger Plates don't currently fit gen m3 pmags.  The base slides off backwards instead of forward.

I wonder why the hell they did that? I wonder if they'll have Ranger Plates available for them? There is certainly a market for them.

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2013, 10:11:04 AM »
I wonder why the hell they did that? I wonder if they'll have Ranger Plates available for them? There is certainly a market for them.

I often wonder why companies mess with a  good thing.  :-\  Do the ranger plates work well?  I wouldn't want them on my 20s for reasons stated earlier, but I may on my 30s.

Here are two more pictures.  The first is an exploded comparison of the two (gen m2 is green).  The second is a closeup of the bases.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk