Author Topic: Best guns to defend your business  (Read 12970 times)

Harmony Hermit

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Best guns to defend your business
« on: August 22, 2014, 02:07:00 PM »
Put yourself in this guy's shoes:

OK, you own a storefront business in a central business district in a major city. The area was once middle class but has gone downhill recently. Your business is your life, you have one Daughter in an Ivy League U ($$$) and the other Daughter's husband  (With three young kids)is your employee, as is your Brother in law and two cousins (Twelve kids between them). The depend on your business acumen to earn a living. Lose your business you and your family are toast.

The natives are restless over a perceived injustice, and start to riot. You need to protect your life's work but you are not a gun person and the Police cannot help you. You go to one of your customers for advice, you have absolutely no time to "Get Training" but you did do a stint in the guard during 'Nam so guns are not unknown, you just do not have the time to "Train" with some expert.

If you are the customer whose advice the store owner seeks, what guns would you recommend to the businessman and why? Handguns are NOT an option due to laws etc.

tombogan03884

Re: Best guns to defend your business
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 02:47:00 PM »
Shot guns loaded with OO buck, fit in training as possible.
If size or strength are issues go with AR's they are simple to learn, low recoil and the 30 round mags give you some leeway if you miss a few times.
At least that is the advice I would give.

Ranger Dave

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 02:56:00 PM »
I second the shot guns 12 or 20 ga. pump. They readily available at stores along with an assortment of ammo choices.

Ranger Dave

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 03:21:46 PM »
Unanimous so far. 

I guess an AR if shotgun was not workable...can't think of a better second choice.

Maybe Red Dots or Lasers all around.  Range will be short and stress high with no training.  Lasers would allow target acquisition and max view area while maintaining maximum cover.

Bandoliers for extra ammo.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

brushmore

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 03:25:30 PM »
I completely agree with everyone on the shotgun.  Specifically a Mossberg 500 with the security barrel.  It's very reliable, in inexpensive, and is carried by just about any sporting goods store.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:19:42 AM »

Harmony Hermit

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 04:41:06 PM »
AR's and AK's are out of the question, banned in most of the areas where this scenario would take place (NY, NJ, Mass, CT Chi, Cali etc)

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 04:41:50 PM »
To expand on Brushmore's post, there are also enough after market parts for the Mossy 500 that it can be made to fit anyone.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 04:55:46 PM »
To expand on Brushmore's post, there are also enough after market parts for the Mossy 500 that it can be made to fit anyone.
  same with an 870  not often do we all agree on something, but when we do its always a sign that its the right thing,...

did some one say shot gun ;D
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 09:29:02 PM »
Given your initial scenario, I would choose an AR first. Low recoil, high round count, easy reload, greater precision and range, and some familiarity as a Nam Veteran.

However, you later removed it as a possibility. Therefore, I must suggest my second, but fully capable, choice: a 12 gauge shotgun. That's really the only logical choice, especially with your restrictions. Even Biden says get a shotgun.  ;)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 09:53:16 PM »
OK, I'll play.

No handgun (dad gummit!, a CZ999 would be perfect. No safety, DA/SA, 15 rounds)

Next choice would be a simple semi rifle in a low recoil round (really want that citadel 9mm M1)

Realistically, shotgun but not in 12 guage (GASP!).  I would suggest 410 or 20.  Low recoil, just as effective at across the room distance.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk