Author Topic: intermediate caliber  (Read 15205 times)

tombogan03884

Re: intermediate caliber
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2017, 07:59:12 AM »
Getting tiring to see two grown men in a pissing contest when they can't see the others urine stream!  Who wins?

I'm in agreement on one thing...  If you're going to go Tom, then go!  Getting attacked on an open forum for a difference of opinion or a he said, he said moment is pathetic and boorish...

Maybe, just maybe, you're the reason activity is down around here!

Just my .02 and nothing more!

I'm not the one in conflict with 2 different people on 2 of the few threads on here and I'm not the one telling some one else to leave, so blow me Tim.

Getting back on topic I'll point out that both Italy and Japan started the smokeless era with 6.5 caliber rifles and attempted to convert to 30 caliber because they did not prove effective enough during WWI.
In both cases conversion was halted because of WWII.

Timothy

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2017, 08:14:17 AM »

I'm not the one in conflict with 2 different people on 2 of the few threads on here and I'm not the one telling some one else to leave, so blow me Tim.

Having personally witnessed you harangue lots of folks on these boards over the years is evidence that you're the problem!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2017, 08:45:58 AM »
As I under stand it an "intermediate cartridge" is one that is less powerful than a full size rifle cartridge but more powerful than a pistol cartridge, the original's that defined the term were the 8x57 reduced to 8x33 and the 7.62 x54 cut down to 7.62 x39.
Even 7.62x51is a reduction of our own 7.62x57 (30-06) .
So how does a varmint round, a high power .22 qualify as an "intermediate" caliber ?
And why are we trying to use it to knock down people .45 acp was invented to stop
<snip>

Could it be by the it qualifies by the virtue of the very first sentence in the very first post?  The question boxed itself in using the terms power and pistol cartridge.  A 5.56 is certainly more powerful than a 45 ACP.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2017, 02:13:28 PM »

Getting back on topic I'll point out that both Italy and Japan started the smokeless era with 6.5 caliber rifles and attempted to convert to 30 caliber because they did not prove effective enough during WWI.
In both cases conversion was halted because of WWII.

You're the one who said you're going to leave. I only suggested afterward that you follow through with what you said you were going to do. Your lack of commitment is disappointing.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk