Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 184319 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1270 on: December 21, 2023, 08:53:34 PM »
A pecan pie typically lasts me 3 days, give or take a day. I like my sweets. I just ate a bunch of Crispy Dillies pickle flavored fried cucumbers. I stopped before I finished them, but I don't know I've ever saved any to put in a salad or side dish. I'm the same way with Crispy Beets. That Balsamic flavor can be addictive. Sometimes when I get the Baked Cheese crisps they make ir into a salad, but the Bacon Cheddar Crisps are so good, I usually wolf them all down in one sitting. The last time I went to the store i saw these on sale so I got 2 bags of dillies and 2 of beets.

https://www.freshgourmet.com/crispy-veggies

https://www.freshgourmet.com/cheese-crisps
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1271 on: December 22, 2023, 06:31:30 PM »
Apple Pie flavor bacon jerky. It was a Limited Edition Exclusive Flavor from Wicked Cutz. This stuff is so good, it's stupid. I mean that literally. When I eat it, the logic and language centers in my brain start to shut down, and I have a hard time thinking or saying anything more than mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm. The other flavors in my little Santa's sacks were Carne Asada beef jerky, Korean BBQ Style beef jerky, Apple Pie flavor beef jerky, Honey Baked bacon jerky, Cherry Serrano beef jerky, and Sweet Mango Habenero beef jerky.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1272 on: December 29, 2023, 04:52:56 PM »
I ate a whole quart of Mexican style chicken tortilla soup. I thought it would be good with Mexican hot sauce, but didn't want to open a bottle of Cholula (made in Jalisco), because I already had 3 other bottles of hot sauce open. So I poured some Nando's Hot Peri-Peri sauce in instead. I try not to open too many hot sauces, and usually have a red hot sauce and green jalapeno sauce open, but already had that open too. After it was heated up most of the way, I added all of the horseradish cheese I had left in the bag and microwaved it for 2 more minutes. It was good with all that cheese stirred in.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #1273 on: December 30, 2023, 05:35:14 PM »
Taco soup and cornbread heating on the stove right now.
Feeling a bit under the weather and that might hit the spot.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1274 on: January 01, 2024, 01:02:40 AM »
Get well soon, PegLeg. I have another migraine so I'm going to take a pill for it. It sucks that I can only take them 2 days a week and not every day.

I had pizza and more pizza. I added soppressata salami to a cheese pizza, and baked a pepperoni pizza when that was done.

Sponsor

« Reply #1275 on: Today at 02:55:41 PM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1275 on: January 05, 2024, 12:56:54 PM »
Having some homemade chicken noodle soup.

2024 came in and brought the Wuhan flim-flam to our house again. Nothing severe, just like a bad cold that lingers longer than it should....as in you feel better than a few days ago but hit a flat spot and don't seem to improve much. I don't feel sick....just don't feel all the way well either.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1276 on: January 05, 2024, 01:43:01 PM »
I had cilantro lime chicken and mozzarella cheese with crispy fried jalapenos on buns. The last thing I ate before that was roasted garlic chicken fixed the same way. Both times I put 3 servings of chicken on 2 mini sub buns and used a fork to eat all the overflow.

A couple days ago I had 2 bowls of beef ramen soup, with half a bag of chopped up carne asada beef jerky in each bowl. I put the veggies and soup base in the bottom of the bowl with the jerky, put the noodles on top, added water halfway between the fill line and the top of the bowl, and microwaved it for 4 minutes instead of 3. When it was done I stirred in the sauce, but on the second bowl I used the teriyaki sauce from a bowl of chicken ramen instead of the sweet & savory sauce that came with the beef. They were the best 2 bowls of ramen I've had in a long time. I switched sauces on a bowl of chicken and beef ramen a few days before that, and it seemed to taste better that way, so I did one bowl of beef ramen with beef jerky with each sauce.

I still didn't feel like cooking later Wednesday, so I cut half a stick of peppered salame in half, hollowed them out like dugout canoes, put about twice as much mozzarella cheese in the halves as they would actually hold, and microwaved it. I took a picture. I was careful when I dug out the salame not to be like Johnny Horton and Get A Hole In My Pirogue. I never had a pirogue, but had a hole in my pierogi before. It sucks when you're boiling a pot full and have a blowout, but you still have a tasty noodle to eat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirogue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M10C2BTeiTc

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1277 on: January 06, 2024, 05:35:31 PM »
I just had a 10 Oz. Angus boneless ribeye steak, red cabbage, and hot honey ripple potato chips. I used Frank's RedHot seasoning, garlic-pepper blend, and soul seasoning on the steak and it was good. So was the sweet and sour shredded red cabbage. And the potato chips too. They're really salty, but sweet and hot too. They made 3 different kinds of taste buds happy at the same time.

Now I'm having 2 frosted strawberry Pop-Tarts. It's my last box of 8 I bought last month. The best by far were the frosted cherry ones that I covered with Cherry Rhubarb jam. I didn't know they could fit 10 ounces of that in an 8 ounce jar, but they did. I guess that's why it's called jam, it was all jammed in there. And good enough to eat straight from the jar. I barely managed to make it last more than a day. If you've never had cherry rhubarb jam or preserves, you really don't know what you're missing. I already knew it was good and planned on buying a pint jar full, but they only had half pints.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1278 on: January 07, 2024, 04:20:04 PM »
Another rib-eye steak seasoned with Cajun seasoning I didn't know I had in the cupboard. I think I just bought it a few days ago and already forgot about it. I used some soul seasoning too and it turned out great. I had a can of field peas and snaps mixed with a can of honey carrots. I don't think I like field peas but bought them anyway, and decided at the last minute to mix them with the carrots. And I had dill pickle flavor ripple potato chips with it. Dessert is Almond St. Claus Windmill Cookies from Steenstra's Royal Dutch Bakery, Made in Michigan for 99 years. I need to steep a cup or 3 of tea to dunk them in. I normally use a fresh teabag for 2 cups of tea, then make a 3rd cup with the 2 used tea bags, but not always the same day. Here's a picture from Steenstra's Facebook page. If you have a craving for windmill cookies and your local stores don't have them, you can get them on Amazon and other places. They're located in Grandville, MI, but the cookies say they're made in Wyoming, MI which is 3 miles down the road from there.

https://www.steenstrabakeries.com/

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1279 on: January 08, 2024, 03:26:08 PM »
BLT with onion rings and a sweet tea for lunch.

Brunswick stew (son made it) for supper tonight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk