Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 180820 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #860 on: September 26, 2020, 09:25:12 AM »
I got a jar of my friends' homegrown red beets out of the fridge, popped it open and started eating them right out of the jar. They're pickled but also tasted kind of sweet which was different. They had a lot of clove flavor because a few of us like them with cloves, but no whole cloves in the jar this time. I almost had a cloverdose when I ate some last year that had 12-15 cloves IIRC in a pint jar. These were so good that I ate the whole jarful then drank the juice. Those are 2 things I don't recall ever doing before. I'm not seeing red but I may be peeing red pretty soon. I think I'll have some string cheese to get more protein my meal, if you can call it a meal.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #861 on: September 27, 2020, 11:29:45 PM »
I had a slice of Screamin’ Sicilian Holy Pepperoni pizza. There's so much pepperoni on it they're all touching. When I have a digital coupon from Kroger for Screamin’ Sicilian pizza I usually buy a Mambo Italiano with pepperoni and Italian meatballs. I like it way better than just pepperoni but they must not have had any that day.

Since the oven, therefore the entire house, was already hot, I dug a box of breaded cheese curds out of the freezer and baked those too. My pizza pan was covered with a lot of oil from them and I wiped most of it off with paper towels. I put it in the oven at 500 degrees and quite literally forgot about it. A few seconds after I remembered it I became aware of the smoke that I was smelling, so I turned off the oven and left the pan in there until it cooled off most of the way. No reason to open the door and let all of the smoke and heat out. If I remember I'll oil it and put it on the shelf under the pan I roast my pork loin in that's in the fridge thawing out. Anytime I'm cooking something in the oven without that pan, if there's room I could try to season it more. It's just an old sheet metal pan but if that works it should last another 30 years.

When I scrubbed that pan and my non-stick pizza pan a day or two ago, I towel dried them then put them in the oven awhile to make sure they were dry. Then I wiped the plain steel pan down with oil top and bottom. I put just a little oil on the top of the non-stick pan and wiped it as dry as I could. I left them in the oven at 450 degrees IIRC until after they quit smoking. The non-stick pan is more slippery in one spot where something stuck once and I had to scrub it off. That was months ago and that one spot was never the same. I tried oiling it and putting in in the oven before and ended up with a sticky mess, so this time I had to wipe it dry to leave just a trace of oil on it. Maybe it didn't have to be that dry but I didn't want to scrub a pan of baked vegetable gum again. I chose to err on the side of caution as they say.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #862 on: October 02, 2020, 02:49:23 AM »
I had steakhouse style pork tenderloin, jalapeno poppers with salsa verde, and homemade never canned or frozen apple sauce for lunch. Now I've got my eye on a box of mini crumb cakes.

Breakfast was a half-dozen almond dark chocolate "cioccolati" biscotti dipped in cups of french vanilla cappuccino. The bottom of the biscotti (now with 33% more almonds 8)) are "dipped in rich dark chocolate made with 55% cacoa [sic]". I don't know if they meant cacao (raw), cocoa (roasted), or cacao as the Italian word for cocoa, spelled the same way as the English word cacao. Everything else on that label was in English, but they came up with a jumble of both words that AFAIK never existed before. When they taste that good it doesn't matter it says on the labels but I'll let them know anyway so they can correct it.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #863 on: October 09, 2020, 01:04:52 AM »
I'm just had some deep dish chocolate chunk cookie. I had 1/4 of a pizza before that. I had a different pizza a few days ago too. I'm baking stuff that's been in the freezer all summer when it was too hot to cook. I put half an onion and a whole green pepper on that one. I kept forgetting about the green peppers in the fridge and there was barely any green left on that one. While I ate pizza I put the cookie in with 2 cordon bleu chicken breasts. I didn't want pizza again but when the oven was hot I looked in the freezer and I could get pizza or shrimp in fast without thawing, or mixing any ingredients, and I just got the shrimp smell out of the microwave.

In between pizzas I had jalapeno poppers, chicken, shrimp, and stuff like that, nothing special. I ate some green peppers with garden vegetable cream cheese spread this week too. Those were all from my friends' garden. And I sent a message to Nonni's about the misspelling on their biscotti label. They thanked me for sharing my comments and are sending me complimentary coupons in the mail. That's after I none too subtly told them that if they wanted to reward me I would gladly accept any amount of biscotti they cared to give me. I never thought I would stoop so low as to prostitute myself for cookies. :( :-[

tombogan03884

« Reply #864 on: October 09, 2020, 07:33:22 PM »
Fluffanutter !      ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #865 on: Today at 01:15:09 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #865 on: October 11, 2020, 01:38:01 PM »
Ahhhhhhhh!

A return to semi-normal life.

Went to a country club for lunch on the patio.  Ruben sandwich, made from left-overs from Friday dinner special - Corned Beef, and house made onion rings.  I have missed these Sunday luncheons this year, and they are finally up and running again.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #866 on: October 15, 2020, 12:12:09 AM »
I had 2 jalapeno cheddar pretzel dogs and some Fruits of the Forest Hi-Pie earlier. The pretzel dogs have pretzel dough wrapped in a spiral around beef hot dogs. The pie is filled with over a pound of apples, rhubarb, strawberries, red raspberries and blackberries. After baking, the part sticking up past the pie plate still has enough filling for another pie.

I heard the timer on the microwave ding so it's time for lasagna. I baked a 5 pound, 10 ounce frozen one and I don't know if this brand is any good yet. Good or not I'll be eating it twice a day for a couple of days.

A day or two ago I had some Kroger Rock N' Roll Chicken. They make Sriracha Sauce & Ghost Pepper Dry Rub, Buffalo Style Sauce & Ranch Dry Rub, and their Original Rock N' Roll Chicken. It's frozen and after you bake it you're supposed to sprinkle on dry rub to taste and rock it around, then add whatever amount of sauce you want and roll it around. This was the first Rock N' Roll Chicken I ever bought. I didn't get Sriracha & Ghost Pepper because I'm not crazy, and I've had plenty of Buffalo Style chicken already, so I tried the original. It doesn't have any dry rub or sauce in the bag, so I rocked it Mid-Michigan style with Frankenmuth Chicken Seasoning, and rolled it South African style with Nando's Hot PERi-PERi Sauce.

The Frankenmuth chicken seasoning has salt, sugar, onion, garlic, spices, etc., and the Nando's hot peri-peri sauce has vinegar, lemon, onion, salt, cayenne pepper, African bird’s eye chilli (Peri-Peri), paprika, green chilli, garlic, rosemary extract, and stuff that doesn't add to the flavor. Nando's is meant to be poured on, not used by the drop. The medium is very mild and the garlic flavor is also supposed to be medium but it's mild too. The hot is medium but that's hot enough when the chicken is covered in it. XX Hot would be too hot but medium or hot would both be good for marinating and basting chicken grilled over a wood fire or charcoal. Nando's is the best thing in the world I know of for grilling chicken. Frankenmuth chicken seasoning is really good on fried chicken and they played well together. I have plenty of Nando's in the cupboard and will have to buy more chicken seasoning the next time I run up to Frankenmuth.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #867 on: October 30, 2020, 03:59:38 PM »
Fried pork chop, home fries and saw mill gravey for lunch here.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #868 on: November 04, 2020, 11:13:26 PM »
Now, oats and honey crunchy granola bars covered with honey creamy peanut butter. Breakfast was tortilla chips with guacamole.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #869 on: November 04, 2020, 11:23:33 PM »
About 2 months ago I saw pics somewhere online of a Vietnam War era C-Ration cookbook published by McIlhenny Company, the makers of Tabasco, and copied all the pics. I cleaned up the edges and resized them all to the same size. There's a page missing and I'm not sure what order they were in so I made my best guess. I think the inside cover was a blank page and the rest went like this. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk