Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 180754 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #930 on: January 11, 2021, 06:15:03 PM »
Fried chicken legs (wife put a good scald on 'em too) butter peas and rice.  8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #931 on: January 12, 2021, 07:20:01 PM »
Big ol’ chunks of fresh Icelandic cod loins!

Damn fine vittles!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1041
« Reply #932 on: January 17, 2021, 06:55:19 PM »
Chicken fried rice, only it was microwaved, not fried.

I bought 5 different Bird's Eye Voila family size dinners months ago. Most have microwave directions but the preferred method is to cook them in a 12" non-stick skillet. My biggest skillet is only 10" which is a 31% smaller area to try to cram everything into. Cheesy Chicken in the microwave turned out okay, half a bagful at a time. I tried cooking Chicken Broccoli Alfredo on the stove in a 2 quart pot and didn't stir it often enough. I remembered to get up and stir it when I smelled it burning. I put everything that wasn't burnt in a casserole dish the microwave, where I should have put it in the first place, and it came out okay. Then I had Garlic Shrimp that didn't smell or taste like it had any garlic in it, cooked in the microwave. The pot that was burned took half a week of soaking in hot soapy water and scraping with a spoon, and repeating several times, until it was clean enough to scrub with a scouring pad, so now I'm microwaving all of them whether they say to or not. The rest of the chicken fried rice is halfway done now.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #933 on: January 18, 2021, 11:59:00 AM »
Tater soup.

The stuff actually comes from a bag and you add milk (I think, heck the wife made it so I don't know).
I do know she bumps it up by adding various cheeses, bacon, etc. It's pretty good for a quick stove-top meal.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #934 on: January 20, 2021, 06:44:24 PM »
I have some ravioli stuff in the microwave. It's the last one of the Bird's Eye dinners. I microwaved some Chicken Fried Rice yesterday. It was kind of bland so I added gochujang hot sauce to the second half of it. That was better. I have a bunch of other dinners in the freezer that aren't as packed full of vegetables that I like better.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #935 on: Today at 03:53:21 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #935 on: January 21, 2021, 08:56:17 AM »
Dark Chocolate baking chips.
Breakfast of Champions !   ;D

What Bruce Jenner Should have been eating.
You don't see me in a dress.   ;D   ;D

Timothy

« Reply #936 on: January 21, 2021, 11:18:07 AM »
Crappy Mac & chz from the hole fudds in Cambridge!

tombogan03884

« Reply #937 on: January 21, 2021, 03:55:23 PM »
Making my "Poorman's beef stew".
It's cold, snowing, and Chicken salad just ain't getting it done.   ;D

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #938 on: January 21, 2021, 04:54:31 PM »
Leftover taco soup from last night.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #939 on: January 29, 2021, 03:24:57 AM »
Frosted Strawberry Milkshake Pop-Tarts. But beef stew sounds a lot better. I'd open a can of Dinty Moore if I had any. It's good to have for emergencies, or when you just don't know what to eat which is usually the only time I eat it. I look through the cupboards until I find something that sounds good at the moment. I'll have to see if it's on sale whenever I get to the store.

I ran out of milk so I can't eat cereal before I go to bed. And I'm down to my last few ounces of bottled water so I didn't make instant oatmeal. Everything else I have is too spicy or takes to long to prepare. I've been adding a little water to my Q ginger beer and drinking that all day, but I'll be using tap water before I get up again. I finally found out this week how much lead is in my bones but I don't know if that amount is good or bad. The water should be okay to drink as long as they aren't digging and shaking crap loose around here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk