Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 180876 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #660 on: January 13, 2020, 06:49:11 PM »
Pizza for the football game...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #661 on: January 15, 2020, 12:16:56 PM »
Had a big burger at Cracker Barrel last night..... we took my mom out with the family for her 73rd birthday and that was where she wanted to go. The one near us has slipped a little on the quality of their "country style food" but they still make a great burger and their fried catfish is outstanding.

Today I had leftover lasagna from the night before. It's Stouffer's frozen, but it tastes as good as Olive Garden's to me if you get the style with meat (they have a cheese only version that's crap).

Every Wednesday we cook for 50+ kids at church so tonight it'll be chicken nuggets and mac-n-cheese (hey, when in Rome....).  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #662 on: January 15, 2020, 01:13:29 PM »
Yankee pot roast

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #663 on: January 15, 2020, 01:57:16 PM »
<snip>
 The one near us has slipped a little on the quality of their "country style food" but they still make a great burger and their fried catfish is outstanding.

Today I had leftover lasagna from the night before. It's Stouffer's frozen, but it tastes as good as Olive Garden's to me if you get the style with meat (they have a cheese only version that's crap).
<snip>
[/quote]

I think Crackerbarrel is sliding down in quality across the board where I have been in Oklahoma and Arkansas recently.  It "smells to me like"  the business majors are maximizing profits.  Other than the eggs my experience is breakfast fixin's have been downgraded.  I pass them by now.

Onboard with the OG/Stouffers remarks too.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #664 on: January 15, 2020, 02:45:15 PM »
Agree on Cracker Barrel quality. 

A few years back we had a horrible meal.  Though I never send food back, I complained to the corporate office and received a $100 Gold Coupon to appease me.

I never redeemed the coupon and have not been back.

Sponsor

« Reply #665 on: Today at 07:27:15 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #665 on: January 16, 2020, 12:01:11 AM »
Agree on Cracker Barrel quality. 

A few years back we had a horrible meal.  Though I never send food back, I complained to the corporate office and received a $100 Gold Coupon to appease me.

I never redeemed the coupon and have not been back.

I would have asked if they could send me a coupon to a different restaurant. Not that I think they would, but to get a reaction from them.

@ pegleg, quote: "(my littlest granddaughter says she like the pigs, but not the blankets)"  :) :) :) :)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #666 on: January 16, 2020, 01:01:26 PM »
Today was a salad topped with spicy chicken bites from Bojangles.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #667 on: January 20, 2020, 12:05:53 AM »
Garlic cheese grits

2 cups low sodium  chick stock
2 cups water
1 cup grits
 2 gloves of garlic smashed(more is better)
Chiloflake, salt, pepper to taste
1/4 cup parm( not that stuff from the can)
1/4 cup cheeder/ jack/ good melting cheese.
2 table sppons butter

Bring the liquids too a  boil, slowly whisk  in grits, add the garlic, reduce heat to med low and cover.   Stir every 5 mins, for 30 mins.  Remove from heat, stir in butter and cheese.  Cover let sit 5 mins.   Taste and adjust seasoning.   Eat it as is or server with a meaty gravey.(pretty much anything from brown to a pasta suace, chili on top is also awesome)

It works for any meal of the day.  If you have left overs you can refirgerate over night, slice and pan fry for breakfast
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #668 on: January 20, 2020, 12:20:39 PM »
Ham, field peas and brown rice.

Timothy

« Reply #669 on: January 22, 2020, 10:35:47 AM »
Venison sausage and eggs!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk