Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 180836 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1000 on: March 12, 2022, 02:47:14 AM »
Lima beans go with the Asofeteda.
I'm not sure you're supposed to eat them.
I thought they were just a garnish for the alleged "Ham" in C-rations.   ;D

Ham and M_____F_____s. I'm glad they got rid of that Vietman era crap by the time I got in back in '79. They gave me a bowl lima beans in the hospital when I was just a kid and I hated them. That was at least 50 years ago. I don't think I ever ate lima beans since except maybe if they were in a 20+ variety bag of beans I made soup with. But if I saw any in the bag I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1001 on: March 12, 2022, 03:12:34 AM »
I bought some groceries Thursday and accidentally put the salami in the freezer instead of the fridge. Wow, is my salami ever hard! :o Just kidding, I didn't put it in the freezer, but my salami was hard anyway. ;D The last thing I ate was two sandwiches of hard salami and Vermont "seriously sharp" cheddar on cheap white bread. I had one with a little bit of Dijon mustard and one without. I like it better without mustard. I had a big handful of skin-on barbecue kettle chips with them too. Good chips, spicy but not hot.

I'm hungry again so I'll microwave a hot Polish sausage and eat it on bread with a chunk of smoked mozzarella on the side. I've eaten a lot of Polish sausage in my lifetime but don't remember trying HOT Polish sausage. I hope it's not too hot because everything hot I've had for a month has really burned my tongue. It doesn't help that I burned it on hot coffee either. I had some bacon jalapeno cheese stuffed bread from Domino's last week and it was almost too hot to eat. I tried it again this week but light on the jalapenos instead of the normal amount and that was a lot better. It would probably be good with just bacon too and I may try that some time.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #1002 on: March 12, 2022, 09:03:10 AM »
Bread is like toilet paper, it's only there to keep the mess off your fingers.   ;D
Best part is that is the absolute historically documented truth. 
Google   John Montagu some time, 4th Earl of sandwich.   ;D  ;D  ;D

Good bread doesn't need anything but  butter and honey.   ;D
And fresh from the oven.   ::)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #1003 on: March 13, 2022, 11:53:14 AM »
Chicken adobo.

Sweat half an onion and 6 cloves of garlic in butter until translucent.  Add in 1 can of Chipotles in adobo sauce  1 teaspoon of Mexican oregano, coriander, cumin, smoked hot paprika, black
pepper  and 1 Bay leaf. ( I add in dried carlina reapers,but that would kill most people) Add in 4 whole skin on bone in chicken thighs, add low sodium  chicken stock to cover.  Simmer on low until the chicken shreds easily( 1.5-2 hours, think pulled pork)  remove the chicken and the bay leaf.  Shred rhe chicken and return to the pan.   Turn up the heat to reduce suace.  At this point sample the suace if it is too spicy  for you, yiu can add some Piloncillo/brown sugar/ honey  too tame it down.   
Once the suace has reduced down. Cool and use for any filling for Mexican food( tacos, buritto, enchiladas, Tomales etc)

You effectively have a Mexican  BBQ pulled chicken.  Its great on almost every thing.  Ps its better to use it the next day as it will set like a jelly in the fridge  over night from all the gelatin  extracted during the cooking process.   If you are going to use it for Tomales yiu really need to do this.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1004 on: March 19, 2022, 08:39:20 PM »
Bread is like toilet paper, it's only there to keep the mess off your fingers.   ;D
Best part is that is the absolute historically documented truth. 
Google   John Montagu some time, 4th Earl of sandwich.   ;D  ;D  ;D

Good bread doesn't need anything but  butter and honey.   ;D
And fresh from the oven.   ::)

Wasn't the Earl of Sandwich a compulsive gambler? He couldn't leave the gambling tables for a dining table because gambling was more important.

Earlier I had Jamaican jerk shrimp, and the last thing I had was coconut shrimp. Now I'll take last night's pills that I take with food before bed, and go to bed until next week.

Sponsor

« Reply #1005 on: Today at 03:45:41 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1005 on: March 25, 2022, 04:05:42 AM »
Finishing some General Tso's Chicken right now. I got tired to eating leftover lasagna topped with smoked mozzarella. I only have one piece left. I don't know whether to eat more or start drinking before I go back to bed. It's been rainy the last couple of days so I slept day and night. I'm still hungry because it's been so long since I ate yesterday.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1006 on: April 23, 2022, 09:08:52 PM »
Hostess Snowballs.
FMJ.
Full Marshmallow Jacket.
Boom.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1007 on: May 06, 2022, 08:22:44 AM »
The last thing I ate was a new (to me) flavor of ice cream called Midnight Train to Traverse. As in Traverse City, Michigan, home of the National Cherry Festival, and the area that produces the majority of tart cherries in the U.S. They also grow sweet cherries, but mostly tart cherries for pies and preserves and things :P. The ice cream had "Michigan sweet cherries in decadent chocolate ice cream with rich chicory coffee flavors". I couldn't read the fine print without my glasses and didn't know it had chicory coffee flavor. It didn't taste much like coffee either, the same the way adding coffee to chocolate cake mix doesn't make it taste like coffee. It just intensifies the chocolate taste and makes it better.

The last thing I ate before that was Michigan Cherry BBQ potato chips. Great Lakes Potato Chip Company is in Traverse City so they had to make something with cherries. They started out as a seasonal thing but people liked them so much they kept making them. They didn't taste like cherries to me. It tasted like barbecue flavor, but a different kind of barbecue flavor. Like the way Carolina style barbecue chips taste different, but just because they have mustard in it doesn't mean they taste like mustard. They still taste like barbecue, just a different kind. They were kind of spicy like barbecue chips should be but the regular barbecue flavor was hotter. I disagree with these Irish People Trying Great Lakes Chips and think they taste good. I haven't tried the **** and vinegar flavor yet and haven't seen half of the flavors in the store anywhere. I may end up having to order a variety pack to try them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvFqg6ycq14

Spence McMaster

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1008 on: May 11, 2022, 09:59:56 AM »
I bought some groceries Thursday and accidentally    Vermont "seriously sharp" cheddar on cheap white bread. I had one with a little bit of Dijon mustard and one without.
 Can you tell me the difference between "seriously sharp Vermont Cheddar" and "extra sharp Vermont Cheddar"   ?
Can you taste the difference?
Thanks.
Spence

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1009 on: May 14, 2022, 04:26:22 PM »
I bought some groceries Thursday and accidentally    Vermont "seriously sharp" cheddar on cheap white bread. I had one with a little bit of Dijon mustard and one without.
 Can you tell me the difference between "seriously sharp Vermont Cheddar" and "extra sharp Vermont Cheddar"   ?
Can you taste the difference?
Thanks.
Spence

To me the seriously sharp cheddar didn't seem that serious but was still very good if I recall correctly. Extra sharp seems sharper but it depends on who makes it. Everyone has their own definition of just how sharp sharp is. Extra sharp usually means it was aged a year or two. Sharp cheddar is aged 6 months or more but not as long as extra sharp. I like mild to extra sharp but don't think I would like the 10-15+ year super-super sharp cheddar or Pinconning cheeses.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk