Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 180641 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1050 on: December 21, 2022, 09:14:39 AM »
Goldbelly will make a buck, that's for certain.  I can't see buying less than 8 or so of them for $100 in New Orleans.  What you can do is to buy their olive mix and bread separate.  That makes it...get the meats somewhere local and build your own.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #1051 on: December 22, 2022, 11:21:26 PM »
That sounds like the best idea to me Rastus. Aldo's Italian Bakery is where I bought mortadella (bologna's more dignified ancestor) before, but they closed a couple of years ago, so that wouldn't be on my sandwiches. They didn't use it at Johnny's pizza place either and it still tasted good. I bought Asiago cheese there too, before I saw it in any other stores. I ate bread, meat and cheese, but don't think I made sandwiches out of it. They probably had the best bread in the city.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1052 on: December 22, 2022, 11:28:10 PM »
I ate Taco Hell (and I'm in hell) and drank 2 tall glasses of margaritas. I'm already suffering with heartburn to go along with the migraine I've had all day, and tomorrow it's my toilet's turn to suffer. The margarita mix is extremely sour but the takillya sweetens it up quite a lot.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1053 on: December 23, 2022, 05:55:11 PM »
1/2 a can of Campbells Vegetable Beef with Barley.  I'm under the weather here in more ways than one.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1054 on: December 23, 2022, 09:00:55 PM »
Get well soon, Rastus.

After about 10 hours of running back and forth to the bathroom I was okay for an hour, so I ate my leftover tacos. So far, so good.

I'm hungry again, and I think it's about Margarita time too.

Sponsor

« Reply #1055 on: Today at 06:29:12 AM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1055 on: December 24, 2022, 06:36:27 PM »
Two scrambled eggs this morning.  An apple at 6 this evening.  Even though I'm hungry I don't feel like eating.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1056 on: December 29, 2022, 05:26:22 AM »
(Too) Lightly salted cashews, washed down with a couple of margaritas. I'm calling it dinner and going to bed with a handful of peppermint puffs. I didn't plan on staying up this late but things rarely go according to plan. But retirement's a party that never ends as long as the money keeps flowing, and nothing really matters anymore.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1057 on: January 02, 2023, 05:18:40 AM »
I had garlic butter shrimp and added hot sauce to the melted butter. It still tasted a little flat, like it needed some salt, so I added soul seasoning. That's what I normally do when something needs a little salt, unless I only want salt, which isn't often. It tasted really good then.

Then I had a margarita with some mix I bought Saturday night. Instead of just lime, it's lime, cilantro, and jalapeno. I recommend that only if you're trying to cut down on your drinking. :P So I used about 1/3 of that and 2/3 of another margarita mix. I have enough Cuervo Gold for another drink tomorrow, but it may be kind of weak. I didn't know Jose Cuervo was a real person until fairly recently. But Jose Cuervo is family-owned and run by descendants of Don José Antonio de Cuervo. And they sell 1/5 of all the tequila in the world.

Now I'm drinking water and thinking about having dessert before I go back to bed. I have to be in my crypt before the sun rises. :)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1058 on: January 25, 2023, 10:44:44 PM »
I had chicken fettuccine Alfredo with apple pie for dessert. I'm hungry again and it's time to raid the fridge. Chicken tortilla soup with some hot sauce a fistful of tortilla chips sounds good.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1059 on: January 26, 2023, 11:49:45 PM »
Pasta primavera with chicken. And enjoying a Reed's Extra ginger beer with it. Before this I had 2 Mamuts (mammoths). They're like stale little, crunchy Moon Pies from Mexico. I rate them the same as the Resident of the White House, or the AFT (Absolute F***ing Terrorists).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk