Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 176762 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 939
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1330 on: February 09, 2024, 08:16:04 PM »
OK.  You gotta post the recipe.  Also what kind of oil did you cook them in...and the temperature!!!

I will. These were better than the first batch (different recipe) but still not what the wife and I are looking for....still too dense and the sugar coating from the first ones was better too. We're going to try a different flour and longer rise time for the dough to see if that helps.....then I'll post the results.
Stay tuned.  ;D

Had sweet & sour chicken/vegetable/rice bowl from a Hibachi joint while on a Sam's run in a neighboring town.

Then had a leftover chicken thigh and corn on the cob from a few nights ago....with a slice of freshly baked pound cake the missus made.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 540
« Reply #1331 on: February 09, 2024, 09:09:45 PM »
Peg your food reports are always the best...for a southern boy anyway.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #1332 on: February 10, 2024, 07:25:19 AM »
Mrs Pegleg makes a “wicked good” pound cake!

👍

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 985
« Reply #1333 on: February 10, 2024, 09:58:21 AM »
I'm eating smashed red potatoes with horseradish cheese, smoked hot pepper cheese, and extra butter. Washed down with hot black covfefe.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1334 on: February 10, 2024, 05:12:11 PM »
I had a 16 ounce T-bone. Now I'm ready to sleep it off.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #1335 on: Today at 07:50:21 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1335 on: February 11, 2024, 03:44:07 PM »
I had a 16 ounce porterhouse steak today. It was a lot better than the T-bone. Beside the usual salt, pepper, and garlic on both sides, I put Cajun seasoning on one side and Frank's Red Hot seasoning on the other. I tried not to overdo, so I could still taste the meat and not just the spices, but one bite was a bit heavy on the Red Hot. Both of the shakers of seasoning have huge holes that dump seasoning on the meat, and I use the back of a fork to spread it lengthwise and widthwise. You should be able to just shake the shaker, and not have to trowel out your spices, like you're floating concrete or something. >:(  I saved a small spice bottle with smaller holes from something else, so I can put one of these spices in but I haven't filled it up and labeled it yet.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1336 on: February 12, 2024, 04:13:45 PM »
Chicken wings. I mostly defrosted a pound of wing sections so I could separate them, and cooked them 20 minutes in the air fryer. That's 5 minutes less than it should take to cook them. The toaster oven/air fryer runs the fan for 2 minutes to cool off then a timer goes off. I waited for that before I took the wings out and covered both sides with Nando's Hot Peri Peri Sauce, them cooked them for 10 more minutes. They were really good. When I was done I scraped about 2 tablespoons of hot sauce, crusty stuff, and grease from the bottom of the pan, and stuck it in my mouth. I knew it was probably a mistake and I was right, but for the wrong reason. It wasn't very hot like I thought it would be, but tasted extremely salty. The organic, free-range "party wings" don't have any salt added, and the hot sauce isn't salty, but the gunk on the drip tray was. This was the brand of chicken I have, but I didn't get it here.

Shenandoah Valley Organic https://www.marxfoods.com/organic-chicken-wings

There were 12 pieces of chicken in a pound, and I have 2 more pounds. I planned on putting barbecue sauce on them until I remembered I had Nando's in the fridge too. I'll probably eat a pound with barbecue sauce soon and another pound with Nando's later.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1337 on: February 12, 2024, 07:58:33 PM »
I finally realized there were only 9 wing sections in that first pound, not 12. I have the 2nd pound in the air fryer right now, and there were only 8 pieces. I got out the bottle of Hot Pineapple, Ginger & Rum Craft BBQ Sauce to put on them. I'm cooking them the same way but may not leave them in as long after I put the BBQ sauce on.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1338 on: February 12, 2024, 08:47:57 PM »
I planned on only cooking the wings another 5 minutes after I put the BBQ sauce on, but put them back in for 10 minutes instead. They were smoking during the last minute, but a little bit of char never killed anyone. Also, the timer goes off when it's done cooking, then it cools off for 2 minutes, not the other way around. That way you can hurry up and get your hot food out before the fan cools it off for 2 minutes.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1339 on: February 13, 2024, 01:11:40 PM »
I didn't feel like cooking so I ate about 1/4 pound of Calabrese Salame, with smoked hot pepper cheese, and Famous Dave's pickles. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk