Author Topic: Preparing to move the forum to MichaelBane.tv  (Read 18226 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
Re: Preparing to move the forum to MichaelBane.tv
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 01:40:09 PM »
Sounds like a good plan, Marshal.

So, it's a good move to go the platform that has been hacked to death by the Chinese TWICE in the last week????    ;)

I second the whole get MB on here thing!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2020, 04:30:55 PM »
So, it's a good move to go the platform that has been hacked to death by the Chinese TWICE in the last week????    ;)

I second the whole get MB on here thing!

DRTV and MB.TV are on the same platform. Numerous sites all pro gun related have been a victim of this. It happens from time to time. What is rare is that this attacks happened twice in a  week.

Security Engineers are looking at it to see if we can somehow stop it before it happens. Normally these type of attacks happen to bigger corporations where the intent is to prevent regular traffic to get access. Unfortunately small businesses like our don't have the juice to pay high cost security measurements.

What they attach is either domain names or IP # related to the domains. Down Range TV was also attacked twice this week, so no matter where we move the platform the bastards will follow us until they get tired and move on to other victims.

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 07:31:00 PM »

On Wed Apr 15 @ 6pm Central we finished upgrading the forum as part of the preparation to move it.

Layout has been changed and we will continue to work on it on the backend.

As of now I have no timeline on when the final move will happen, but I will give you a heads up when it gets closer.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2020, 08:24:55 PM »
Sitting here, watching what used to be Wednesday Night at the Range and looking over the formatting.  No birthdays and no calendar.  Fitting that the last birthday officially honored was Hazcat.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2020, 10:58:44 PM »

Calendar and birthdays will come back.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:07:16 AM »

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1403
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 07:21:51 AM »
Thanks for letting this group stay together.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2020, 09:20:56 AM »
Been thinking about the Social Media comments and thoughts....

Quick thoughts are that those are for keeping in touch or keeping up with what ever...it is a useful tool to me..like a mailbox.

Here seems more permanent......

More than a favorite bar...more like a Club House or a  Barracks..more than an Apartment building, less than a commune....
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2020, 02:43:41 AM »
I was finally able to change my avatar. You can tell by the smile how happy that makes me. :)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2020, 06:48:17 AM »
Marshal.  You changed your avatar....HAR HAR...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2020, 03:45:51 PM »
Marshal.  You changed your avatar....HAR HAR...

He didn't.

He has been causing trouble around the house lately.  Translate:  Irritating M'ette.  She changed it as a warning of things to come.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk