Author Topic: Signs of spring...  (Read 3533 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Signs of spring...
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2020, 11:03:31 AM »
My Dad is in Idaho and was saying the same yesterday when I talked to him.
We had Sun and 80-90 last week, 60-70 predicted this week and probably rain.
First 2 weeks of June are usually crap till Bike Week is over.
Weather doesn't know Bike Week was canceled this year.   ;D

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2020, 10:49:23 PM »
Tom... we moved south in 1955... the north is a good place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there  8)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2020, 09:14:45 AM »
We're having mid 80's for the high and mid 60's for the low in the Arkansas Ozarks.  It's sure killing me that the 10 day forecast is for more of the same.....  ;D
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2020, 09:33:09 AM »
The Peonies  have come and gone.  The Confederate Jasmine has bloomed out.  The Hydrangea's are pask their peak.

Pretty soon it'll be time to complain about the heat.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2020, 09:45:13 AM »
Tom... we moved south in 1955... the north is a good place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there  8)

Told the Ex that Ca. was interesting to visit, but if I thought I was spending my life there I'd walk in front of a truck.
I went through Boot camp in the spring.
I had the opposite opinion of Parris Island.
Nice place to live but it really sucked to visit.   ;D

The Peonies  have come and gone.  The Confederate Jasmine has bloomed out.  The Hydrangea's are pask their peak.

What is "Confederate Jasmine" ? Dogwood and Azaleas are already out aren't they ?
Spring, To warm to bitch about the cold, to cold to complain about the heat .
We just like to bitch   ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:50:52 PM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2020, 11:27:28 AM »

Yeah. We're almost there down on the bottom half of the peach. Coming back from Amelia Island on Sunday and the temp hit 92°F between Waycross and Tift county.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2020, 02:45:17 PM »
..Coming back from Amelia Island on Sunday and the temp hit 92°F between Waycross and Tift county.

<Jealous>

I've been itching to get back to AI for a while now.  I assume all the restaurants and stores are open.  Can't wait to eat supper at Sliders with my bare feet in the sand.
Will work for ammo

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2020, 12:13:53 PM »
<Jealous>

I've been itching to get back to AI for a while now.  I assume all the restaurants and stores are open.  Can't wait to eat supper at Sliders with my bare feet in the sand.

They are open and slowly getting back in the swing of things.

The restaurants we went to were busy, but also didn't have as many tables due to the 6' spacing rules. We went to the Salty Pelican because that's where the kids like to go. It costs a little more for less food than other places, but they seem to like the place. A few nights later we went to Shuckers. It's a newly renovated place right on the mainland side of the bridge and it was nice inside. The food was great, prices were fair, and the service was outstanding. I expect this place will be our go-to for seafood. Sliders is always too busy for us to get into, but the kids like it. The Surf is OK as well and so is The Marina. If you want Mexican food, Cantina Louie has great food (it's just off the island side of the bridge. Right next to that place is a new BBQ joint run by a guy we know from our hometown area called Captain Jack's Smokehouse.

It wasn't as busy downtown as normal for the week following Memorial Day (which is when we do our annual family trip). I expect it will gradually increase as summer rolls along.

The state had actually just opened up Ft Clinch SP for camping the Thursday prior so we had been waiting up to that point to see if we would be able to go. You have to make reservations eleven months out to get a spot and one never knows how things will be when the time to go comes around.
They were still regulating the max number of entrants to the state park also and were turning folks away early in the day.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2020, 01:01:01 PM »
Around here Tourist places open up, but summer doesn't really start till Father's Day Weekend.
We usually have rainy cooler weather through Bike Week.
Last half of May is usually real nice for us natives.   ;D

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2020, 09:28:53 AM »
They are open and slowly getting back in the swing of things.

Good to hear.   We go in the off season, Dec-Mar, so getting into Sliders is easy.  We also go to The Surf some.   I'll make a list of your places and we'll give them a try.
Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk