Author Topic: Who's Good At Math ?  (Read 6151 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Who's Good At Math ?
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2020, 08:14:23 AM »
Oil is cheap, (at the moment)
More is better. 
Like Rum in Rum cake.   ;D

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2020, 08:33:49 AM »
Oil is cheap, (at the moment)
More is better. 
Like Rum in Rum cake.   ;D

What happened to all the rum?   

I love rum.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2020, 11:13:37 AM »
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2020, 01:09:21 PM »
When I was 14 my family made a trip to the Bahamas and my dad let me sample rum at the stores, not that I was an alcoholic or anything.   I was able to talk him into bringing back a bottle of what I think was labeled just "Nassau Rum".   Sadly I don't remember ever getting to drink any after we got home. ;)   I can't find that exact brand.   A lot of rums say they're "Nassau Rum" these days.   Maybe I just need to take Miss Kitty on a trip to Nassau.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

BAC

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2020, 01:42:49 PM »
Can’t drink rum after that one night in college.

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 02:33:04 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2020, 08:14:35 PM »
They would have freaking LOVED you at the old Thompson Center Arms  ;D
The head of Maint. was a Co founder of the original Company.
His hobby was restoring antique machines, when he ran out of barn space he leased them to the Company    ;D
The 2 Blanchard grinders I roughed out Contender receiver's on had serial numbers 0018 and 0020 made in 1918. They had Frankfort Arsenal Data plates, they had been used to make Dog leg Enfields.
That was the stuff that got burned up in the big fire in 1995.

Big Frank, I use caliber conversions to cheat. 6.35 =1/4 inch, 10 mm is a little under 1/5 then I wing it from there   ;D

10mm is over 3/8". That's the problem with having to make conversions. It's so easy to screw them up that you're going to do it sooner or later. It sure would be nice to never have to make any conversions. To never have fractional sizes like 32nds and 64ths on your tools and hardware (except for things like drill bits). To only have to buy one set of tools instead of two sets of everything. Not knowing gun calibers you can still get close to the decimal size if you multiply the mm by 4 then divide by 100. Examples: 5m, 5x4=20, 5mm~=.20". 9mm, 9x4=36, 9mm~=.36".
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2020, 08:22:44 PM »
I want to get back to the gin and tonic thing.

I lie.  Gin and vermouth.

Make it bourbon and sweet vermouth with a dash of bitters and I'm with you all the way. With a maraschino cherry s'il vous plaît. If you're out of cherries, no biggie, I can rough it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk