Author Topic: Binary trigger  (Read 5519 times)

tombogan03884

Binary trigger
« on: June 03, 2020, 01:04:30 PM »
In short,
What good is it ?
Is this another pointless development like the Kriss Vector that is no use for anything but full auto, and can't be built full auto ?
Really sounds like a pointless range toy that might get some one killed on the range.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Re: Binary trigger
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 01:20:29 PM »
One of the trigger pins on my AR came loose and it just so happened to create a binary trigger.  Once I realized what happened and that it wasn't a safety problem, I played with it for a mag or two.

First it was fun.  Second it makes double tap just, well automatic.  If allowed for competition it would be a definite plus.   Not sure every real life tactical situation would call for this level of firepower.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 01:59:10 PM »
Probably fun......As well as a great ammo waster.
A late friend of mine had one of the early versions on a Mini-14 years ago. It had some bugs, but when it ran right it was fun to shoot. Ammo was cheaper then too.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 04:30:58 PM »
Mini 30,
What the M 14 could have been if US Ordinance weren't run by Camp Perry Peckerheads.   ;D

BAC

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 07:03:06 PM »
Mini 30,
What the M 14 could have been if US Ordinance weren't run by Camp Perry Peckerheads.   ;D

If that were the case, wouldn’t we have the FAL in .280 British?

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:15:22 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 09:53:06 PM »
Yesss, and your point is ?     ;D
All of NATO would have had FAL's AND MAG's in 280 Brit.    ;D
Up yours HK.   ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 12:26:23 AM »
If that were the case, wouldn’t we have the FAL in .280 British?

If we adopted the .280 British (7mm NATO) after WWII, maybe we would still have it, instead of going from .30-06 to 7.62mm NATO, then all the way down to 5.56mm, then back up to 6.8mm. Oh look, the U.S. military's shiny new, latest and greatest cartridge is 0.007" smaller than the .280 British and it's performance is absolutely magical if you listen to what they're saying about it. Too bad the .280 British itself just wasn't good enough, but somehow the 5.56mm poodle shooter was good enough for over half a century - until it wasn't and they needed something closer to .280 caliber.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 08:30:30 AM »
It's possible that had we gone with the British round we would only now be phasing out the M - 14.
The .280 was controllable in full auto, unlike 308, but has better barrier penetration and payload for things like tracer, unlike .223
Years ago I had a 1895 Chilean Mauser in 7 X 57. I've been impressed with 7mm ever since   ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 08:12:02 AM »
A lot of U.S. soldiers were impressed with the 7mm since they faced the Mauser 1893 during the Spanish–American War.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 09:30:12 AM »
Paul Mauser considered it the best cartridge he ever designed .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk