Author Topic: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?  (Read 26447 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2020, 09:43:59 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  Elf program...hmmm...naw, that would never work for me.
try taking a drink of water between bites.   It is a very simple thing, that does work. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2020, 07:28:32 AM »
I really need to do something....I'll try to remember.

Old age is no fun....you keep thinking you'll get better but you know that ain't happenin'...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2020, 08:19:33 AM »
I really need to do something....I'll try to remember.

Old age is no fun....you keep thinking you'll get better but you know that ain't happenin'...

F#ck it.
It's all fatal.
Eat, drink, and be merry.  (and a little chubby   ;D  )

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2020, 08:22:40 AM »
Rastus... I've got a good, young MD... I do 6month check ups, have good blood work results, and he receives and evaluates all my other medical reports from my dermatologist, dentist, and optometrist... he is very pro-active

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1087
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2020, 02:51:35 PM »
Frank,  Have you looked into some of the options beyond CPAP?  They have some actual medical alternatives that are becoming more popular, and they don't involve a CPAP.  One of our drivers recently switched, and after a couple months he is very pleased.  For him it saves taking the CPAP in the truck, since between his two routes he is on the road four nights a week.

I was supposed to have another sleep study done so they can figure out what to do with me, but the whole world changed and that's on hold for now. I heard of a procedure where they fry your soft palate with a laser or something so it shrinks up if that's what's causing the problem. It works for some people. But I feel like there's something farther back in my throat causing it. All I know is they said I quit breathing or had trouble breathing 30 times an hour.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2020, 03:06:46 PM »
F#ck it.
It's all fatal.
Eat, drink, and be merry.  (and a little chubby   ;D  )

To quote the late, great Jim Morrison, "No one here gets out alive."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpDFll30XZU

""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2020, 08:07:11 PM »
To quote the late, great Jim Morrison, "No one here gets out alive."

As much as I like the Doors, Morrison was not so great as to get his head out of his ass and sober up...he did however prove his point at 28! 

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2020, 08:44:19 PM »
As much as I like the Doors, Morrison was not so great as to get his head out of his ass and sober up...he did however prove his point at 28!

I think he was only 27, but you're right about him proving his point. He was severely alcoholic and his behavior was completely unpredictable. He was worse than me by some accounts. My old roommate was just recently talking about "the RECONDO incident" in an email , most of which I remember, and some I don't. The guys were all wondering WTF is wrong with Frank? The way I acted when I drank I easily could have died a lot younger than Jim Morrison.

Timothy

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2020, 09:19:41 PM »
Morrison was also a drug addict as I recall!  I was 14 in ‘71!  Didn’t start listening to the Doors til 75-76!  He was already in the grave in Paris.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2020, 04:13:13 AM »
It seems like all the big rock stars were on drugs back then and well into the '80s, except Ted Nugent and he's probably lying. There are 3 Alice Cooper albums he doesn't even remember recording, he was so out of it. I think he referred to that time as the lost years. Morrison died young but Ray Manzarek made it to 74 before he took a dirt nap. He played keyboards on the "Weird Al" song Craigslist in 2009.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4sALru9IJk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk