Author Topic: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?  (Read 26027 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2020, 06:44:12 AM »
Look at Keith Richards. I don't think anyone, including him, can understand why he's still walking around. That guy consumed enough drugs in his lifetime to sink a container vessel. I saw an interview with him, and he contributes it to having his blood changed out several times, over a period of years at a clinic in Switzerland.

It is a very expensive process that is not covered by any insurance, because it is, "experimental". It takes weeks to do because they can't just drain your blood, and refill it, like doing an oil change on your car. It is a gradual process that takes several days, and a LOT of blood. But he feels it saved his liver and kidneys from failure, over so many years of heavy drug use. He said he knew many people he hung around with at that time, who used drugs as much as he did. And they're all gone. Mostly from liver or renal failure.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2020, 06:51:13 AM »
I can barely afford to get topped off let alone have my blood changed, but I think a refill of new blood would do me wonders.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2020, 07:41:17 AM »
I can barely afford to get topped off let alone have my blood changed, but I think a refill of new blood would do me wonders.

I had an older friend who's wife had a rare blood condition, where her body made too much blood. And she got very sick from it before she was correctly diagnosed. After it was diagnosed, she had to go in every couple of months, and they would drain a pint, or sometimes more. They both have since passed on. But that was the first time I had heard of that type of condition. I believe the condition was called Polycythemia.

tombogan03884

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2020, 07:43:19 AM »
Look at Keith Richards. I don't think anyone, including him, can understand why he's still walking around. That guy consumed enough drugs in his lifetime to sink a container vessel. I saw an interview with him, and he contributes it to having his blood changed out several times, over a period of years at a clinic in Switzerland.

It is a very expensive process that is not covered by any insurance, because it is, "experimental". It takes weeks to do because they can't just drain your blood, and refill it, like doing an oil change on your car. It is a gradual process that takes several days, and a LOT of blood. But he feels it saved his liver and kidneys from failure, over so many years of heavy drug use. He said he knew many people he hung around with at that time, who used drugs as much as he did. And they're all gone. Mostly from liver or renal failure.

Pissing off Jagger too.
He's getting REALLY sick of getting phone call's "Oy Mick, Guess who else I out lived".    ;D

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2020, 07:50:31 AM »
Pissing off Jagger too.
He's getting REALLY sick of getting phone call's "Oy Mick, Guess who else I out lived".    ;D

All those drugs over all those years, and the idiot almost kills himself falling out of a coconut tree several years back.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/richards-concussed-after-fall-coconut-tree-6102254.html

Sponsor

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2020, 09:33:44 AM »
I don't remember if it was an authorized by Keith poster from the Heart Association or Cancer Society, or photo shopped, but I had a poster in my classroom of Keith, with a cigarette hanging from his lips... caption something like :" the number 1 reason to quit smoking"

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2020, 03:14:35 PM »

Pissing off Jagger too.

;D ;D
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2020, 03:22:27 PM »
I had an older friend who's wife had a rare blood condition, where her body made too much blood. And she got very sick from it before she was correctly diagnosed. After it was diagnosed, she had to go in every couple of months, and they would drain a pint, or sometimes more. They both have since passed on. But that was the first time I had heard of that type of condition. I believe the condition was called Polycythemia.

There's one where your body makes way too much hemoglobin too, not blood. That may be what it was. I'm going to look up Polycythemia and see if that's it. Some people with it have get some blood drained every month or every couple of weeks, I can't remember which, but I heard about it a long, long time ago. There's another weird one where your body retains every trace of copper in your diet and your blood needs to be drained occasionally with that one too.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2020, 05:24:54 PM »
Had my last conference  call.  Thank God I am done. Last call was all about what is going to happen after I leave.   My guess is dump all of my responsibilities  on to others, have half of them quit.  Then hire twice the staff
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2020, 05:31:42 PM »
<snip> Last call was all about what is going to happen after I leave.  <snip>

It's a little late for that!  I see them going belly up pretty quick.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk