Author Topic: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?  (Read 26014 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2021, 11:50:28 AM »
Camp Nelson?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2021, 04:46:42 PM »
Not 100% sure, a cousin sent me pics of it last year.  I counted 8 family members on it.  My grandfather, 2 of his brothers...
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2021, 02:29:48 PM »
So I am going back to work....

So as most of you know utah is booming.  Houses being built every where, but they are all 400k+ and all 2400-3600 sqft plus an unfinished basement.  They are all selling in the 130-170 per sqft prices and almost exclusively  2 stories

Now given the influx of retirement age people. Stairs are bad news for most of them.

So what did I do, locked up some land to build single story 1400-1800 sqft homes with features that are better suited to the elderly.  Things like showers, no stairs and etc.   Looking to sell them at180- 200 /sqft.  Which should make them competitive in the market, but they will have higher end finishes and more of a " forever  home" for that demographic.   I have 2 investors and should have ~100 ready to build on by end of the year.

I could not help myself.  I saw a need that was not being met.

Timothy

« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2021, 02:39:54 PM »
Good project!  We older folks get cranky with stairs.  My right hip isn’t the one I was born with!

Front and back stoops that are straight in help too!  Extra framing in the bath to support future grab rail install wouldn’t hurt.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2021, 02:55:04 PM »
You'll do well. Seniors hate climbing stairs. Houses here are going insane. I've never seen anything like it in my life. The price per Sq. Ft. is off the chart. We bought our place 2 years ago, (7/3/19), for $245,000. It was listed for $252,000. This morning both Zillow and Trulia have it at $400,500. It's only 1,445 Sq. Ft. That translates to $277.00 per Sq. Ft.

I don't see how this can last. But it seems to be doing just that. I sit out on the driveway early in the morning when it's cool, and have my coffee before sunup. In the span of just 15 minutes 7 or 8, 13 yard concrete trucks go by up the hill, pouring slabs, driveways, and footings for new homes.

A lot of this building is from California refugees cashing out of their houses in the L.A. area. Jobs are drying up, taxes are high, and many are buying here, Phoenix, or are headed to Texas. It's all going to end with a bang. Young people are going to take it in the ass. There is no way they can work and save anywhere near as fast as prices are climbing. They will soon be priced out of the market..... If they're not already.

Sponsor

« Reply #125 on: Today at 06:43:02 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2021, 03:45:13 PM »
Good project!  We older folks get cranky with stairs.  My right hip isn’t the one I was born with!

Front and back stoops that are straight in help too!  Extra framing in the bath to support future grab rail install wouldn’t hurt.

I do that anyways.   I am an ADA consultant.

Timothy

« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2021, 03:55:40 PM »
I’m sure you’re aware of Tunnels to Towers?

Building homes for disabled Veterans may not return much in dollars but I know it rewards in other ways…

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2021, 05:30:48 PM »
I’m sure you’re aware of Tunnels to Towers?

Building homes for disabled Veterans may not return much in dollars but I know it rewards in other ways…
not that one, but i know of several others. I have not seen one that I liked thier structure or how they spend the money.  I actually have thought about starting one, I just don't want to have to go kiss ass mode to get funding.    Nor do I want the government  in my business  like that w

Timothy

« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2021, 06:23:49 PM »
The guy that started Tunnels lost a brother who was a firefighter who ran to the towers on 9/11. 

tombogan03884

« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2021, 07:52:23 PM »
So I am going back to work....

So as most of you know utah is booming.  Houses being built every where, but they are all 400k+ and all 2400-3600 sqft plus an unfinished basement.  They are all selling in the 130-170 per sqft prices and almost exclusively  2 stories

Now given the influx of retirement age people. Stairs are bad news for most of them.

So what did I do, locked up some land to build single story 1400-1800 sqft homes with features that are better suited to the elderly.  Things like showers, no stairs and etc.   Looking to sell them at180- 200 /sqft.  Which should make them competitive in the market, but they will have higher end finishes and more of a " forever  home" for that demographic.   I have 2 investors and should have ~100 ready to build on by end of the year.

I could not help myself.  I saw a need that was not being met.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Knew you couldn't resist. 
No more than a beaver can resist building a dam.   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk