Author Topic: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?  (Read 26035 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2021, 12:14:40 PM »
Just got everything surveyed  and grade staked, heavy equipment  will be there in the morning.   With any luck the models will be water tight in the middle of September.   So, I will be living off like 4 hours of sleep until than...
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2021, 04:20:59 PM »
Just got everything surveyed  and grade staked, heavy equipment  will be there in the morning.   With any luck the models will be water tight in the middle of September.   So, I will be living off like 4 hours of sleep until than...

;D  I know several guys in their 80's still working because it's what they ARE, not just something they do.   ;D

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2021, 12:45:31 PM »

;D  I know several guys in their 80's still working because it's what they ARE, not just something they do.   ;D

It's a problem tying one's self worth into one's job.  I prepared for it by becoming more invested in competition shooting and being a grand-dad.  If it makes you happy go for it, but when the day comes that you can't do that work anymore be prepared.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2021, 01:34:27 PM »
It's a problem tying one's self worth into one's job. 

I think if you can work for yourself successfully, you'll find working all that much more rewarding. When you work for someone else, not so much. A lot of people don't have what it takes to create a business and make it successful. Or they just don't want to be bothered with the hassle.

I worked for others as an employee for 45 years. I enjoyed some places I worked, but hated others. Today it's becoming more difficult, because long term employment is becoming a thing of the past. We have become a nation of short term job hoppers, and it's becoming much less rewarding. Globalization is also hurting people in finding work for good pay. Honestly, I was glad to get out when I did, (Dec. 2014).

I've never looked back. I enjoy life a lot more. And it's about as stress free as it can get. So as long as I'm lucky enough to remain reasonably healthy, I can't complain.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2021, 03:09:19 PM »
I prepared for it by becoming more invested in competition shooting and being a grand-dad. 

:D :D :D :D Now THEY will keep you busy!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #155 on: Today at 05:18:22 AM »

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: August 11, 2021, 03:12:43 PM »
I can't complain.

I am looking forward to that. It will be w few more years (2 maybe 3) but I, like you, have NO INTENTION of looking back. I am in I.T. and the job has changed so much and the people they call "service" techs aren't worth piss unless they are at least 50-years-old.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2021, 11:19:10 AM »
I work for an asshole.  He does not give me breaks, time off, raises, vacation/sick days.... he is so demanding. 

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2021, 11:24:55 AM »
I work for an asshole.  He does not give me breaks, time off, raises, vacation/sick days.... he is so demanding.

Even worse. I hear he sleeps with your wife. ;)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2021, 12:08:12 PM »

Yeah,but on the bright side, he buys me all the tools I want and I can tell him to f..k off at will.

tombogan03884

« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2021, 03:13:31 PM »

The way she snored, NO ONE slept with my ex-wife .   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk