Author Topic: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?  (Read 26344 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Do You Find Yourself Sleeping More Or Less Since Retirement ?
« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2021, 08:44:38 AM »
Not yet, processing quarters  this morning.  Not a super big bull, but he tuanted me.  I was about 30 yards away and he had the nerve to turn almost perfectly broad side.   I could not let him get away with that.  Ran about 120 yards after the shot.  I was a tiny bit high and missed the heart, but I got a very clean double lung shot. Arrow went clean thru breaking 2 ribs on its way in and out.  5 mile pack out.  Took 4 trips.

A lot of the big game hunters preferred just over the heart, because the big arteries bleed faster than the actual heart in some animals, and it gives you the angle to hit lungs as well.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2021, 06:49:06 PM »
Ouch.  Boot leather....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2021, 09:40:59 AM »
You charge how much an hour for your time ?

5 miles in, 5 miles out, 4 times, you walked 40 miles, 20 carry a heavy load .
You can BUY elk meat for $15/lb.
Online, so you only have to walk to the mail box.

It would appear, that the meat is just a by product of "the Hunt".     ;D

Probably sounds cheezy, but it's something Capstick, and Selous both commented on in their writings.
If you can buy meat cheap the purpose of the expense, and effort is the hunt experience and the meat itself is merely a side benefit of that.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #173 on: August 26, 2021, 11:33:04 AM »
You charge how much an hour for your time ?

5 miles in, 5 miles out, 4 times, you walked 40 miles, 20 carry a heavy load .
You can BUY elk meat for $15/lb.
Online, so you only have to walk to the mail box.

It would appear, that the meat is just a by product of "the Hunt".     ;D

Probably sounds cheezy, but it's something Capstick, and Selous both commented on in their writings.
If you can buy meat cheap the purpose of the expense, and effort is the hunt experience and the meat itself is merely a side benefit of that.

Add in the bow, camo, backpack, gear, gas, tent, dry ice, 3 days of my time... its an easy $100+/ lb.  The challenge, my phone not ringing for 3 days, the misses welcoming me back in the shower... all thats stuff is priceless. Hell some guys would pay more than I spent for the shower with a hot women.

Oh yeah, passing off the peta liberal pos fat cat lady down the street when I showed off the rack,head and cape to my other neighbor.   That was pretty much priceless too.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #174 on: August 26, 2021, 01:54:20 PM »
Add in the bow, camo, backpack, gear, gas, tent, dry ice, 3 days of my time... its an easy $100+/ lb.  The challenge, my phone not ringing for 3 days, the misses welcoming me back in the shower... all thats stuff is priceless. Hell some guys would pay more than I spent for the shower with a hot women.

Oh yeah, passing off the peta liberal pos fat cat lady down the street when I showed off the rack,head and cape to my other neighbor.   That was pretty much priceless too.

^^^THIS^^^     ;D   ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #175 on: Today at 09:22:15 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: August 26, 2021, 07:45:37 PM »

Yeah I have the hide stretched  out on a pvc frame, magical facing south east.... guess which direction is her house?
^^^THIS^^^     ;D   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: August 29, 2021, 10:01:13 PM »
Had half of one of the loins tonight, roasted with garlic and rosemary. It was excellent.

Next week is going to be pretty brutal.  All the utilities  are go in the ground  and I will be in the trenches ( not just figuratively)  I need it all done by next Tuesday, so an extra pair of hands will help.  That and I don't have to pay myself  over time, so I can work all day.

tombogan03884

« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2021, 08:19:12 AM »
Had half of one of the loins tonight, roasted with garlic and rosemary. It was excellent.

Next week is going to be pretty brutal.  All the utilities  are go in the ground  and I will be in the trenches ( not just figuratively)  I need it all done by next Tuesday, so an extra pair of hands will help.  That and I don't have to pay myself  over time, so I can work all day.

I surprised you keep working for that SOB TAB.    ;D   ;D   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2021, 01:41:48 PM »
I surprised you keep working for that SOB TAB.    ;D   ;D   ;D

Yeah, I keep telling him off, but he refuses to fire me.

I feel like a Caltrans employee today, standing around watching every one else work.  Can't do anything until the sewer line gets here~ 2 pm.

tombogan03884

« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2021, 05:56:58 PM »
Yeah, I keep telling him off, but he refuses to fire me.

I feel like a Caltrans employee today, standing around watching every one else work.  Can't do anything until the sewer line gets here~ 2 pm.

The theory is that if you pay him to stand around now you have him available when you need him.     ;D   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk